Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 2- 21/2 conduits under slab from meter into basement and need to make sure the sleeves are water tight after I run my conduit through. Anyone have a good recommendation for a sealant? Epoxy?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no waterproofing or caulking expert. How does silicone hold up in underground damp conditions? I know it holds up fine in climate exposed conditions.

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
I'm running 2- 21/2 conduits under slab from meter into basement and need to make sure the sleeves are water tight after I run my conduit through. Anyone have a good recommendation for a sealant? Epoxy?
Shoe Goo works wonders from what I have seen.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
Inert silicone sealant or grey roofing sealent.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The flexicraft won't work. My sleeve is 3" and my conduit is 2.5. So tight the links wouldn't fit. I'll have to go with silicone or roofing sealant.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I have always used spray foam and after it dries give it (3) coats of automotive undercoating...

I never had a failure yet.. :thumbup::thumbup:
In all seriousness how do you have time to do that? I got to get my arse to the next job most of the time so Ill spray foam cavitys and seal with caulk.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
In all seriousness how do you have time to do that? I got to get my arse to the next job most of the time so Ill spray foam cavitys and seal with caulk.
I make the time to do the job right and plan on at least half a day...

The last thing I want is a phone call there is water leaking out of the basement electrical box.. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
We used something called "link seals" on a job recently. It's rubber linked together that you can tighten up around a pipe. They worked great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts