Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing a little work in some wet areas. I don't want to take my whole Veto bag (too far to walk and can't use my tea cart) so I will just throw a few tools in a CLC or Bucket Boss zippered tool bag.

When I was in and out of poultry plants all the time (years ago), I just took a tube of silicone caulk and gave the bottom of a bag an even coat. This kept it from wicking moisture and also had the side effect of preventing it from sliding around.

Before I do this again, do y'all have a better idea? Bed liner maybe?

I used clear last time. It eventually yellowed and looked ratty. Not a real big deal, but it didn't look real professional because the bottom edges looked like they had some kind of leprosy.

Thinking about using black this time. Bring on the black caulk jokes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with the guy who says to buy a plastic tool box. But not Stanley. Stanley tool boxes suck.

Other than that, maybe screw some plastic feet onto your tool bag.

Oh, I have plenty of quality plastic tool boxes that I like. Plano and some others. I also have several of the box shown below set up as dedicated special purpose boxes. One has hammer drill, right angle drill and hole-saws. One has grinders, wheels, and cutoff discs. Etc.

Either way, I just don't like working directly out of a lidded tool box.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I have come really close to doing just that. Add a snap on lid while in the truck to keep from dumping stuff.

I could take one of my old leather pouches and pop rivet or bolt it to the inside near the top to add a little organization. I don't like the pre-made bucket organizers - too many useless pockets everywhere.

The only thing that has kept me from it is the lid factor. If you leave the lid in the truck, then there is no easy way to quickly close the thing. If you take the lid with you, you have to keep track of it.

I have a new bag on the way and I will pick up some plasti-dip this weekend and try that. If I don't like the results, I might try a bucket.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have come really close to doing just that. Add a snap on lid while in the truck to keep from dumping stuff.

I could take one of my old leather pouches and pop rivet or bolt it to the inside near the top to add a little organization. I don't like the pre-made bucket organizers - too many useless pockets everywhere.

The only thing that has kept me from it is the lid factor. If you leave the lid in the truck, then there is no easy way to quickly close the thing. If you take the lid with you, you have to keep track of it.

I have a new bag on the way and I will pick up some plasti-dip this weekend and try that. If I don't like the results, I might try a bucket.

Gamma seal screw on lids...

My personal favorite...

attach your pouch to the outside of the bucket and sit down to work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.