Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I joined this site, one of my first posts was about using a side handle on a drill. I got attacked like I was a T bone steak amidst a pack of hungry dogs. Apparently, "real" electricians don't use side handles on drills. I thought, "Who the $%#@ are these guys?"

Those guys aren't here anymore. They have probably moved on to throwing old ladies into traffic for thrills.

This can still be a tough crowd (and I admit to throwing my own shots on occasion...) but we are electricians. This isn't the Mother Theresa Admiration Society. Most of the shots thrown on this site are no different than the banter we throw around on jobsites every day.

In my mind, the mods and Admin have been doing a really good job of balancing out the good and the bad. It's not an easy job.

I see lots of new people trying the site on for size and encourage them to stick around. There is lots of wisdom here amidst the chaos. The site only gets better with new blood.

Oh, and by the way, I still throw the side handle on my drill from time to time :) .

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
When I joined this site, one of my first posts was about using a side handle on a drill. I got attacked like I was a T bone steak amidst a pack of hungry dogs. Apparently, "real" electricians don't use side handles on drills. I thought, "Who the $%#@ are these guys?"

Those guys aren't here anymore. They have probably moved on to throwing old ladies into traffic for thrills.

This can still be a tough crowd (and I admit to throwing my own shots on occasion...) but we are electricians. This isn't the Mother Theresa Admiration Society. Most of the shots thrown on this site are no different than the banter we throw around on jobsites every day.

In my mind, the mods and Admin have been doing a really good job of balancing out the good and the bad. It's not an easy job.

I see lots of new people trying the site on for size and encourage them to stick around. There is lots of wisdom here amidst the chaos. The site only gets better with new blood.

Oh, and by the way, I still throw the side handle on my drill from time to time :) .
Welcome aboard.....:whistling2:

:laughing:

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site have enough to do with keeping up appearances , and really don't need the extra baggade of pseudo electricians in a professional forum

If it were permitted by law , we'd publicly flog you and then sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to gleefully flogging you as well.

Please take a moment to post your dismal level of trade expertise at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for the butthurt that this may have caused. This thread has been hosed.

:jester:~C:laughing:S~:jester:

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,432 Posts
I used my milwaulkee drill with a hole saw and if you didn't use the handle you could easily hurt yourself. My guys use their cordless drills but I always used this one

·
Registered
electrical contractor
1,544 Posts
I used my milwaulkee drill with a hole saw and if you didn't use the handle you could easily hurt yourself. My guys use their cordless drills but I always used this one

That Milwaukee hole shooter is what I started out with. Still use it today.
Had that handle hit me in the groin once with a bound up hole saw. Not a good time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.