Super Moderator
21,917 Posts
You can catch more flies with sugar than you can with vinegar

Reactions: 360max

·
Banned
39,206 Posts
You can catch more flies with sugar than you can with vinegar
Exactly, that's why Square D should have sent reps who can answer the questions instead of posting canned responses and platitudes.

In academics we use the phrase "That's not quite correct." It's softer. :)
I am not an academic, I am an electrician who asked a question and isn't happy that it's purposely not being answered and the tiny part that was answered is a blatant falsehood.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Exactly, that's why Square D should have sent reps who can answer the questions instead of posting canned responses and platitudes.

I am not an academic, I am an electrician who asked a question and isn't happy that it's purposely not being answered and the tiny part that was answered is a blatant falsehood.
.....Hack, Government contracts, but they're not going to tell you that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Square D needs to improve their manufacturing of Homeline panels so breakers fit the cutouts in the dead front. As things stand, it's difficult to impossible to make the dead front flush.

Very unimpressive from a mechanical perspective.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,752 Posts
Welcome guys!

Lose the idiotic QO neutral bar arrangement. Make them the same as HOM and I'll buy more QO!

Reactions: sbrn33

·
Petulant Amateur
24,239 Posts
QO list prices are meaningless to me. I have enough history of the Square D product I buy that I don't research pricing for every job. My gripe with Square D is marketing. Despite having some dud breakers recently, I like QO. Quality and Visi-trip are easy upsells. I can't upsell, however, when QO is on the shelf at HD. I'm buying Siemens now because their AFCI breakers are a lot cheaper. If Square D wants me to be their salesman, get it off the retailer shelves. Homeline is the cheap consumer brand. What Schneider has right now is an identity crisis. Why do I have to tell Schneider that QO is their spec and contractor line?

·
Petulant Amateur
24,239 Posts
Square D needs to improve their manufacturing of Homeline panels so breakers fit the cutouts in the dead front. As things stand, it's difficult to impossible to make the dead front flush.

Very unimpressive from a mechanical perspective.

Thank you.
Siemens - same money, higher quality.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
So I just bought an 3 phase 480 volt 60 amp breaker
edb34060 from my supply house, $448
I look on Amazon and it is $179

So is Sq-D giving better prices to Amazon than to their actual distributors?

·
Petulant Amateur
24,239 Posts

Surplus, bankruptcy, ended up in a guy's tool box "by mistake"?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts

Search that part number on google and they're even lower than that. I think your issue is with your supply house. You still have a valid argument that their list price is so high.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,449 Posts

But that's not really from Amazon, it's fro the Amazon Marketplace. Amazon lets others sell stuff on their site, and even handles the payment and takes a commission. In some cases they even warehouse and ship the stuff (look for "fulfillment by Amazon."

Right now there are two Amazon sellers at that price point and one at about $200. That means it's less likely they are stolen, counterfeit, marked wrong, etc. and more possible that your distributor is being a pig. I'd be fairly concerned that it might be used.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Before spending more than a couple hundred for a breaker I check the local used breaker company. They sell certified tested used and new breakers with warranty.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Before spending more than a couple hundred for a breaker I check the local used breaker company. They sell certified tested used and new breakers with warranty.
Good job. Here comes the wrath of Zog. :laughing:

My real gripe right now is why have this section if the Sq-D people are not going to answer any questions?
At least Milbank answers.

Cricket can you help?

·
Manufacturer
19 Posts
Pricing

Thank you all for the welcome, comments and questions. As it pertains to the pricing discussion . . .Have you checked with your authorized Square D distributor on pricing for Square D products? If you are regularly purchasing Square D, your distributor will work with you to ensure pricing is competitive. If you have further questions about this, please send an email to [email protected] and we will explore options with you and the local electrical distributor of your choice.
Square D by Schneider Electric offers competitive pricing. We would like to help you explore the options for your purchase. Please contact our Customer Care team at [email protected] and they will assist you with your project.

·
Manufacturer
19 Posts
41 - 58 of 58 Posts