Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm scheduled to take the journeyman exam in West Virginia. I have been studying tomorrow Henry's books and practice exams and researching topics. Every exam I see has over 100 questions. Also everyone says WV is a tough exam. The website says there's only 42 questions. I assume the smaller number mean really difficult questions. I don't not want to waste time on going over and over topic unrelated to that specific test. If anyone has any hits clues as to what may deffenitly be there or not be there would help. Thaks

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
It has been years since I took the masters but it was the hardest masters I have taken and I have taken 9 masters.

Work through all you know then return and work through the other questions.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hello, I'm scheduled to take the journeyman exam in West Virginia. I have been studying tomorrow Henry's books and practice exams and researching topics. Every exam I see has over 100 questions. Also everyone says WV is a tough exam. The website says there's only 42 questions. I assume the smaller number mean really difficult questions. I don't not want to waste time on going over and over topic unrelated to that specific test. If anyone has any hits clues as to what may deffenitly be there or not be there would help. Thaks

Welcome aboard.... :thumbsup:

Check out Mike Holts exam prep stuff as well... good luck..:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just passed mine for a the first time a couple months ago. I studied collectively probably 3 hours on the weekend and played grand theft auto the rest and tested on Monday and passed. Big thing is to not get worked up, or get excited. Don't get caught up int the change in status or promotion or more money just take the test and worry more about finding the answer more than trying know everything. Take practice quizzes from mike holt. It'll only be as hard as you make it. I also used Tom Henry tabs which are nice because there's more tabs to organize your index. Old journeyman also told me if you have more than 3 fingers bookmarking sections. Pull out and start over. Good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts