Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Western Electric Lightning resistor model #29-B on the ceiling in my basement and I'm trying to figure out how old it is. I have seen pictures online of several ones similar to it that have patent dates stamped on the back in red letters (usually around 1914-1917) but mine only reads "29-B" in black lettering on the back of it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen one like mine without the red patent dates on the back? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Western Electric Telephone Line Lightning Resistor Model 29-B

Hello, I have a Western Electric telephone line lightning resistor model #29-B on the ceiling in my basement and I'm trying to figure out how old it is. I have seen pictures online of several ones similar to it that have patent dates stamped on the back in red letters (usually around 1914-1917) but mine only reads "29-B" in black lettering on the back of it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen one like mine without the red patent dates on the back? Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Western Electric Telephone Line Lightning Resistor Model 29-B

Hello, I have a Western Electric telephone line lightning resistor model #29-B on the ceiling in my basement and I'm trying to figure out how old it is. I have seen pictures online of several ones similar to it that have patent dates stamped on the back in red letters (usually around 1914-1917) but mine only reads "29-B" in black lettering on the back of it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen one like mine without the red patent dates on the back? Thank you!
I have one on the ceiling of my basement. My house was built in 1915.
Hello, I have a Western Electric Lightning resistor model #29-B on the ceiling in my basement and I'm trying to figure out how old it is. I have seen pictures online of several ones similar to it that have patent dates stamped on the back in red letters (usually around 1914-1917) but mine only reads "29-B" in black lettering on the back of it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen one like mine without the red patent dates on the back? Thank you!
I have one on the ceiling of my basement. My house was built in 1915
Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would you take $900 for it?
thank you for the offer but I think it is priceless to have something so old in my house. I just moved in a couple of weeks ago and when I was cleaning things up, I discovered this relic. It was pretty exciting actually to discover this thing. Thank you for the discussion online here, to those who are a part of this, as it helped me understand better what it was I found.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
thank you for the offer but I think it is priceless to have something so old in my house. I just moved in a couple of weeks ago and when I was cleaning things up, I discovered this relic. It was pretty exciting actually to discover this thing. Thank you for the discussion online here, to those who are a part of this, as it helped me understand better what it was I found.
$920?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.