Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer wants hihats in his decks, problem is the gc is leaving an open slot design and using the bottom facier to deflect water. Im considering wiring in UF , install h5icat housings and install line voltage and driver in a floating 4x4 box next to housing and run low voltage into can. Unless someone knows of a can designed for this purpose or another way to incorporate recessed led trims in a wet deck.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Customer wants hihats in his decks, problem is the gc is leaving an open slot design and using the bottom facier to deflect water. Im considering wiring in UF , install h5icat housings and install line voltage and driver in a floating 4x4 box next to housing and run low voltage into can. Unless someone knows of a can designed for this purpose or another way to incorporate recessed led trims in a wet deck.

Use these...

http://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Lighting-ALED3T24-Downlight-Equivalent/dp/B0055SWZGE/ref=sr_1_4/188-4581973-0428263?s=lamps-light&ie=UTF8&qid=1395443911&sr=1-4

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am assuming a patio underneath a deck?
I got two levels of decking front and rear, originally I was told decking would be sealed, wired in nm and hung housings. Now that has changed. I piped low level out for rab heads to be recessed in rafters to simulate hi hats. Now they are applying a bottom finish to that. I'm just gonna make them rotozip around the heads for thar part

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.