Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I decided to cut the old back fed panel off the updated service. What a mess. Octopus looking octagon boxes, recepts with open wiring nailed to the joists, opened up a can of worms. The old service disconnect had writing on it saying warning, leave handle down. I seen that and removed old fuses when I moved in. The new panel was in when I got there, but the guy was a carpenter and did some himself. To make a long story short, I dug into another fused sub fed panel yesterday. Thought I was done. When I came upstairs, it was 55 degrees. Oops, I forgot the furnace of all things. Had to run a cord to it and call it a day. Well as of today this old farmhouse from 1922 is completely redone and rewired. Proud day. It has a sub fed milk house, barn, and garage. Wish the guy who owned it before me wouldn't have touched the electrical, but I am over it. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.