Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
I haven't used the Milwaukee, but I like the Greenlee for the rotating head and the ability to get in tight spaces. The Milwaukee specs show 9.21lbs, I hope that is the whole kit. I have 5 of the Greenlee sets and the are a huge time saver. They didn't offer them in a speed set when I bought them, but I have a couple of those as well.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
123electric said:
The greenlee LS 50 punches up to 6". I bought the set that came with punches from 1/2 to 2". The entire set cost me 1,250 Came with makita charger and one batterie
Can yours punch even higher if you bought bigger dies?

Also where did you get for $1250?

·
Registered
942 Posts
http://www.greenlee.com/products/SPEED-PUNCHING-TOOL-KIT-(LS50L11SP).html

I'm not so sure I would want to switch to a different type of drawstud at this point.
With the Milwaukee, if you like your dies, you can keep your dies.
Predy sure the miwaukee comes with two draw studs, one that works with common threaded dies

I expect the 1600 price is the 4" set. The 2" set should be cheaper and the bare punch even cheaper. I would be very surprised if they don't undercut greenlee. I'm sure they looked at their only competition and designed theirs so they could sell it cheaper

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,353 Posts
So ,,,,,,,, anybody figure out yet how many holes you gotta punch to recover the investment of 1,200 for one of those fancy rigs?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.