Electrician Talk banner

521 - 540 of 568 Posts

·
Super Moderator Beam Me Up Scotty
Elechicken
2,951 Posts

I finished up those bitcoin mining receptacles, and then went to troubleshoot the PA system. Turns out the amplifier needs to be replaced.

There's something satisfying about 3 phase wiring. Red red black black blue blue. Missing a 3 gang plate tho, but I have to go back anyway... I think I see a 3 phase service to my dream house now..

·
Petulant Moderator
Estwing magic
24,855 Posts
I’m going to try to get power to a bidet and there are obstacles everywhere. 😐

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
View attachment 153085 View attachment 153086
I finished up those bitcoin mining receptacles, and then went to troubleshoot the PA system. Turns out the amplifier needs to be replaced.

There's something satisfying about 3 phase wiring. Red red black black blue blue. Missing a 3 gang plate tho, but I have to go back anyway... I think I see a 3 phase service to my dream house now..
Did you run conduit or flex into your boxes? It just seems odd not to see an insulated EGC entering the boxes. Does Canada have the same requirement as the US for installing a ground in flex over 6 feet long?

·
Registered
Electrician
1,272 Posts
Did you run conduit or flex into your boxes? It just seems odd not to see an insulated EGC entering the boxes. Does Canada have the same requirement as the US for installing a ground in flex over 6 feet long?
Looks like he ran some sort of AC cable if you zoom in on the connector in the panel.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong connector/ wires coming into the panel.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
7,342 Posts
I've never seen an Eaton bolt-on twin breaker. Plenty of stab-ins but never a bolt-on.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,334 Posts
I've never seen an Eaton bolt-on twin breaker. Plenty of stab-ins but never a bolt-on.
That was the first thing I noticed too. I don't even think I have ever seen a commercial bolt on panel that would allow that.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Twins bolt-on's Type? I tried to zoom in but I the letters were blurred. It would sure be nice to find out where Kevin found these breakers. They could be real handy on certain jobs.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
repairing strobes on the emergency vehicles in the shop

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
1,746 Posts
Canadian BX (MC) has a bare copper ground in it.

·
Elechicken
2,951 Posts
Only ran conduit into the panel from a 4" square. AC90 for the rest.
Looks like he ran some sort of AC cable if you zoom in on the connector in the panel.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong connector/ wires coming into the panel.
Ac90 to 4" square then 3/4" emt into panel.
They are common as heck here.
That was the first thing I noticed too. I don't even think I have ever seen a commercial bolt on panel that would allow that.
This one does. Label on the cover says max 84 circuits... on the 42 circuit tub haha.
Twins bolt-on's Type? I tried to zoom in but I the letters were blurred. It would sure be nice to find out where Kevin found these breakers. They could be real handy on certain jobs.
These are DNBA2020 breakers. IIRC there's 2 different Eaton bolt on breaker styles.

Reactions: Easy

·
Elechicken
2,951 Posts

·
Premium Member
Working With the Tools
826 Posts
Same here... blew my mind. Something I appreciate about ET... despite the many years I been in the electrical industry, there is always something new to learn.

521 - 540 of 568 Posts