Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
4,753 Posts
Looks like the connector on the bottom right was his access

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
2,210 Posts
Missed that. Must have been the stealth paint job......

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
199 Posts
Friday afternoon I had a service call. Receptacles fed by this meter socket were not working properly. Told me over the phone they figured the neutral was disconnected inside the meter socket because "If we pull on the white wire it shakes around like its loose". I told them not to do that again... some people lol. Store employee here with the jackhammer in this picture, if you look carefully he is right beside the still at this point live wires... Grabbed the white to show me how much it would move around in the meter socket... Common sense seemed to be a little short that day...
I got PoCo out to do a disconnect for me, jackhammered a hole in the frozen ground so I had room to work with the conductors, replaced the conduit, and the meter socket because the bottom stabs were loose. I was only a little late for supper even!

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,728 Posts
Today I built some time lapse cameras. Unfortunately the NDA does not let me share photos of them, so this is all you get haha. I'm getting 75$ per unit I build. Building 6 of them should take about 8 hours, but considering these are the first batch I have assembled, it took probably closer to 9.5 hours.

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,728 Posts
I can't see the cameras but I can see the toilet in the background. Comes in handy if your stuck at a bench wiring cameras. It looks like a dream job to me and the pay is good.
Very handy indeed lol

I'd honestly love to share the camera photos, but NDAs have a way of preventing that.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Can you expand on what they will be used for. I'm sure they will run like a finely tuned German watch if you set them up.

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,728 Posts
Can you expand on what they will be used for. I'm sure they will run like a finely tuned German watch if you set them up.
There's a lot more to them than what I do. I put the puzzle together but there's a whole backend that no one sees. Here is what they are used for:

They can be set to take a photo every X minutes. This video was long before I started working with/for them. This video was only 4 days IIRC of work, but some of these go up and stay there for 2 years or more.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Today I'm finishing up some paper and getting ready to head North. Sat morning, a buddy and I are heading to Whitehorse Yukon to start the install of a new ALCMS( Airfield Lighting Control and Monitoring System). I haven't been that far North and I'm looking forward to it, I'll take some pictures and post them here. We are planning on 10 days.

Tim

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
2,210 Posts
I spent some time on a finish for an extremely ellaborate custom house mansion. 80% of the receptacles are Bocci 22 Series devices (GFCI-protection provided at the panel where required).

USB version!

And the specialty tool required to remove these...

Interesting. While it would be fun to install for the experience, I'm not sure I really like the looks of it.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,855 Posts
No room for error on holes!! Tight enough to look good but room enough to get tool in, with no adjustment for misalignment.
Cowboy

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You could be camped out a while if you were doing trim work on such an elaborate project. How are the boxes held in place? Interesting concept.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'm still working on the Bar. Starting to put in some Govee strip lights and they seem to put out some good light and are inexpensive and addressable. Grouped all the Philips HUE lights. They seem to be very versatile but took a bit of time because the refurbished HUB was dropping out. I tried not to drink any beer but my boss kind of makes me do it. Oh come on just one. Was a good day and I had fun.

641 - 660 of 678 Posts