Electrician Talk banner
861 - 863 of 863 Posts

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
394 Posts
It’s actually really simple, I’m being told. Figure out a curve of target moisture content and temperature, then run the fans and heat to meet the curve. I’m guessing those timers could do that just fine, just not so easy to program a batch…

They use a software package from Lignomat (as do all of my lumber customers) to batch and monitor the kiln. My drive cabinet just had to bring in the start/stop/speed signals and turn them into reality, and give them manual override options.
If you are refering to the LED readouts as timers, they are UDC s they change the thermocouple reading into a temp and monitor that against a programed over temp. There are 8 TCs: 3 that the controller reads directly to regulate the furnace; 4 that are spaced down the side of the kiln for over temp shutdown; 1 that is on the outlet of the furnace for OT shut down. There are timers for direction and duration of the circulating fans inside the kiln, these are located in the MCC. 3 hours one way, 3 the other until a time determined by experience (usually 2.5 days) is used to manually end the drying time

861 - 863 of 863 Posts