3,784 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,900 Posts
Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Brick Electrical wiring

Motor vehicle Yellow Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire

Rented a greenlee 555 bender to bend 1 length of 2" EMT for a custom camera pole... so we bent 5 of them. 3 identical ones, one small parapet style mount, and one large one.

I would have had 2 large ones if I didn't kink the first bend I did... lol.

Then I bubble wrapped one of the poles to prepare it to be shipped to the installer... I think this is the most hilarious looking thing I will ever ship...

10/10 will rent the bender again... although it would have been nice if I could have had @eddy current let me use the one at the union hall but it's broken... or so he says.. lol

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,714 Posts
View attachment 160057
View attachment 160056
View attachment 160055

Rented a greenlee 555 bender to bend 1 length of 2" EMT for a custom camera pole... so we bent 5 of them. 3 identical ones, one small parapet style mount, and one large one.

Then I bubble wrapped one of the poles to prepare it to be shipped to the installer... I think this is the most hilarious looking thing I will ever ship...

10/10 will rent the bender again... although it would have been nice if I could have had @eddy current let me use the one at the union hall but it's broken... or so he says.. lol
Where did you rent it and how much if you don’t mind me asking?

Good to know for future

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,900 Posts
Where did you rent it and how much if you don’t mind me asking?

Good to know for future
Jobsite. They're a Toromont company. They have a location out in Vars.

Bender is separate from the shoes for it. Prices are in attached photo. Add 15% for rental insurance. One month rental is charged as deposit and must be done on a credit card. I'm gonna open an account there so if it's for yourself let me know and I'll give you the account number after I open the account.

They also carry tuggers, welders, reel stands, rigging equipment, threaders, and some other random things.
Font Rectangle Paper Paper product Document

·
Registered
Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade electrical systems, plant utilities, PLC's, mechanical
493 Posts
This is one of two machines I get evolved with pretty much on a daily basis.
Either troubleshooting why it's not working, changing it over to a different product or programming it for a new product.

The video is from the manufacturers plant showing our products being run through the machine.
We process and package healthy food snacks for several stores such as Walmart, Costco, HEB, and others, our brand is the SIMPLY 7 shown being boxed.

I've been doing material takeoffs and researching the electrical needed to add five more of these machines that will be delivered in February.

Going to be real busy the next couple of months.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,845 Posts

It's better than I could have done.

Reactions: Kevin

·
Registered
Commercial/Industrial and Service work
461 Posts
View attachment 160057
View attachment 160056
View attachment 160055

You should rent a 855gx next time. It has a digital pendant that you set your angle and it accounts for spring back.

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,900 Posts
View attachment 160082
Hey @Kevin, not a comment on your bends but do you have one of these? If not, I have one for you.

Very helpful when using stationary benders
I do not have one. I was eyeballing the bends lol. Only a slight dogleg in them.

You have my phone number. Text me and we can meet up!

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,900 Posts
You should rent a 855gx next time. It has a digital pendant that you set your angle and it accounts for spring back.
I don't think they had one of those at the rental supplier. I'll have to check their list of equipment. Today I fixed the spring back on 2 of them... it wasn't too bad, I managed to do it by hand on the 2 U shaped ones.

Also, apparently shipping a 10' pipe has to be done freight... so we didn't ship it down there, we called an electrician in the area to get them to bend one LOL

901 - 917 of 917 Posts