Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senile Member
30,710 Posts
Mine is Eaton, Eaton , and more Eaton! I'm hungry....

·
Bilge Rat
7,020 Posts
While I haven't made any resolutions, most likely I will;

1) Complain even more about the weather. I'm 60 and I have less physical tolerance for heat and cold as the years go by. But I'll stick it out because that's my basic character.

2) Violate even more safety rules. It seems that each new regulation is more idiotic than the last one. Don't hear the wrong thing, I pay a LOT of attention to safety, but anyone with any sort of actual experience knows that true safety is not found in rigid enforcement of rules and regulations written and enforced by educated idiots with zero practical experience This does not contribute to actual safety. It's sad to see that safety has been reduced to not much more than a means to control people......

3) Very likely, I will continue to gripe about how difficult VFDs are to connect and program. 800 parameters and I need 4 of them.........Where do they come up with this garbage?

4) Lose even more respect for the code. It seems to be more of a means to corporate profit than anything else these days.

5) Lose even more respect for engineers. The older ones who knew what they were doing are retiring and their replacements seem to have very large egos and small brains.

Sorry for the rant, maybe I'm just getting more crotchety in my old age but the trades are not as enjoyable as they once were. These days it seems that everything is a power struggle and an ego trip for those who win. The losers are the guys who actually stick their hands in the work.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,086 Posts
Come out of retirement and get a job. Nine years to go before Social Security eligible!
I've thought of becoming a pimp to pass my free time! It's a job with low overhead and high return.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts