Electrician Talk banner

What brands or products do you push

4K views 56 replies 29 participants last post by  Shockdoc 
#1 ·
Title says it all. What & why?

#6 ·
Not my intent at all Steve. I was more interested on what products you use because of there reliability or ease of use. Not products you get paid to push.

Everything is overseas garbage today. What products dont crap the bed 6 months after the installation?

#7 ·
Understood MH

If you're a resi guy, you'll inevitably go through most brands of panels/breakers , boxes, wirenuts, different wire manufacturers, etc

After a while it's about what's new to play with, which is why i like Arlington industries

~CS~

#8 ·
For motors, I like Leeson, Baldor and USEM (Formerly owned by Emerson, now owned by Nidec).

Allen Bradley for just about any type of motor control. Including ice-cube relays, pushbuttons and selector switches. Especially the 509 line of starters; those things are absolutely bullet-proof.

Square D for both load centers and panelboards, especially I-Line when breakers will be added later.

Cutler-Hammer medium voltage power-operated vacuum circuit breakers. Powercon builds pretty good medium voltage switchgear.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

#15 ·
Where do you get seimens at discount prices?! Everybody around here is square D. Even Lowes & HD have just about every homeline breaker you could possibly need, and for a great price.

I'd have to go to Mayer if I wanted something out of the ordinary for seimens, or any other brand for that matter.

#19 ·
Square D always. Mainly because most customer base here already have it and try to keep them the same. So a lot of my stock consists of SD. New buildings and customers get SD if I can. Some already deal with certain wholesalers and then I instal what they sell. I also personally prefer square d products. No real facts to back that up, it's just what I gravitate to at the box stores as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.