Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
We just did a total redesign of our site. What do you guys think? http://goldstarelectrical.com/
Didn't go thru the whole site. Looks extensive and good, however on the home page, the three slide show pics are not good.

It shows the retail store twice, then some type of PV stand.

Redo the three homepage slides.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Typo on the about page, "licesned"

I would change out the picture for Fire Alarms on the projects page, it isn't a great picture. But then why do you have a projects page and a services page? :001_huh: It seems a bit redundant.

I would also go and change the gold text you have that is on white backgrounds.

And lastly your contact us page should be redone. Most customers will not know to click on the sections to get to the forms, remember design your website for an idiot haha Overall your website is very nice :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Real nice. Looks very professional and top notch.

I read where you said that you can handle any size project from resi to industrial and everything in between. What kind of man power do you have in place to handle this work, and how are you able to adequately specialize in so many different types of work?

·
Estwing magic
26,422 Posts
Real nice. Looks very professional and top notch.

I read where you said that you can handle any size project from resi to industrial and everything in between. What kind of man power do you have in place to handle this work, and how are you able to adequately specialize in so many different types of work?
I have thought about this myself. We are a small company but we do a lot of different things. If an industrial customer sees residential on our site he may think we are lightweights. If a residential customer sees industrial on our site he may think we are ******* neanderthals. It's like we need two sites.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't go thru the whole site. Looks extensive and good, however on the home page, the three slide show pics are not good.

It shows the retail store twice, then some type of PV stand.

Redo the three homepage slides.
What do you think? Should it be something more specific to our business rather (pics of the bucket truck, our team etc.) or do you mean better quality photos?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
T
And lastly your contact us page should be redone. Most customers will not know to click on the sections to get to the forms, remember design your website for an idiot haha Overall your website is very nice :thumbsup:
Great insight! And yes, I agree about the contact us page. We're already working on fixing that. What do you think would be the best way to rewrite them?

I was thinking just rewrite "fill out the form below to contact us" to "Click here to Contact us Now"

Is that confusing or does it clarify things?

·
8 n Skate
834 Posts
Love the video.

The home page really need to have more content. Keywords being your friend.

A quick fix in one part would be if you said in that last sentence we are licensed electricians in all

where you said….. We are licensed in all the Five Boroughs, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester Counties, New Jersey and Connecticut.

It might help if someone googled Suffolk electrician ect.

The pics need to be replaced on home screen as well as the small box with your mission statement. Relocate that in the text portion somewhere.

Looks like you have some work to do. also why have a picture of a bucket truck in every service section? I know your still in development. Good luck you off to a good start and made the right move having a website. If you get tired of messing around with your guy get in touch with www.advergroup.com

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I was thinking just rewrite "fill out the form below to contact us" to "Click here to Contact us Now"

Ah, yes

Sometimes you have to take a minute and re read for function of phrasing.

If your looking for a, … They are already on the Site and yes their looking!

Maybe should be;

We are a certified NYC licensed electrician feel free....

·
8 n Skate
834 Posts
Pretty much think of every work you can that some one would type (to find you) that would be revenant to a page on your site.

With the home page being the most important. (for now) Make that home page full of content.

Starting with electrician, electrical contractor, electricians, licensed, use of zip codes and town names.

You have a bucket truck so find some common words that a consumer would type in if they needed those services. If your going to use a picture make sure it is labeled properly. (file mane or jpeg name)

What makes it hard for you (organically) is you have a large service area. Your going to have to pick at some point.

I recommend landing pages and lots of them. This will be no small task to cover all your areas. Maybe create another menu item called areas served or service area starting with NYC, conn, NJ. LI. then when you click on those names it will break down into areas with in nyc or LI. FWIW not that someone will go to these pages while on your site but for searching proposes as in landing pages. say when some one searches Bensonhurst electrician or electrician in Bensonhurst or electrician in Howard Beach you have it covered. Same for jersey and Conn. and Strong Island. you could literally have 1000's of these landing pages. If you do it people will call. It looks like you already have an established business so the internet portion will only help you expand. Just depends on how far you want to go with it. Obviously it cost money to do this. I would seriously sit down and decide on what services and areas you guys want to target. Right now from the page title on your site it looks like NYC. It is just too broad IMO. You get the drift NYC is huge with lots of specific areas even more specific than Queens or Bklyn. so think areas with the areas and don't forget specific services. If you need help again www.advergroup.com we sat down for over a year and played with this.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great insight! And yes, I agree about the contact us page. We're already working on fixing that. What do you think would be the best way to rewrite them?

One form on the contact page, you guys sort the inquiries on your end. I would just include a phone number for emergencies.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
What do you think? Should it be something more specific to our business rather (pics of the bucket truck, our team etc.) or do you mean better quality photos?
Anything than what it is now. i click on your link and on the home page, there is a three picture slide show with the mission statement on it right?

The first pic is retail track lighting. Then it fades to second pic which is the same as the first pic. The third pic is a zoomed in image of a PV stand or something.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,994 Posts
The first page looks good except,

This overlap.

The only other thing I might change is the term "Up and coming". That IMHO sounds like your a brand new company. Mentioning your 25 years should be mentioned before that.

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts

I read that out loud....just doesn't "sound" right.

We specialize in the construction of new services, preventive maintenance services, electrical installations, and lighting retrofits.
Sound any different?
Better?
Worse?
No change?

·
Estwing magic
26,422 Posts

I read that out loud....just doesn't "sound" right.

We specialize in the construction of new services, preventive maintenance services, electrical installations, and lighting retrofits.
Sound any different?
Better?
Worse?
No change?
You specialize in one thing, you don't specialize in multiple things. Rather than a sentence or paragraph, go directly to point form of the services you offer. Be brief but descriptive. For example, "electrical installation" means nothing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.