Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have heard some locals do SOJ and apparently that is soliciting your own work. Is this correct?

How does it work exactly? Do you actually call contractors and ask if they are hiring? Do you have to do an interview?

Also how is this type of system not abused by the contractors? There have been a few times that I was willing to stand up for what was in our contract and obviously there were guys who weren't. It is no secret who the contractors would keep in that type of situation.

For the record I am not trying to bash it. Maybe this system works well where it is implemented.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Standard process... You ask your buddies where they are working, and if they are looking for extra guys, etc.. at that company. If they are, then they can hire you by NAME right off the list as long as they pay you foreman's scale which is only $1.00+ over regular scale. There is a catch where they have to keep you employed for at least 6 months, but it is never enforced. You can work for 2 weeks and get laid off--- Even though you were hired as a forman!!!

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,178 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about lightweight extension cords......:laughing:

Reactions: pete87
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.