Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, my PB Swiss multibit driver, and a Fluke 125b portable oscilloscope. That thing is sweet... :vs_OMG:

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,085 Posts
I have a large assortment of multi-tip drivers, I think they are very handy for so many tasks.

I've bought anything I ever thought would be useful and determined if it truly was or not afterwards and went from there.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,440 Posts
I would say my favorite power tool is the Milwaukee M12 bandsaw, it's a great and super useful tool, but that's not why it's my favorite, in fact I don't know why it's my favorite, but there you go.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,440 Posts
I have decided I can not choose a favorite hand tool, I can't decide and it would be like picking a favorite child, I just can't.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,440 Posts
If money was no object I would buy a custom chainsaw made with a VW Bug engine. Today. But there would be a LOT of tools around here if money (and having a use for it) was no object. So if money was no object I'd also have to build a shop the size of a small Amazon warehouse. In fact if money was no object I guess I might just by the nearest Amazon warehouse and see what tools they have in there.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,085 Posts
If money was no object I would buy a custom chainsaw made with a VW Bug engine. Today. But there would be a LOT of tools around here if money (and having a use for it) was no object. So if money was no object I'd also have to build a shop the size of a small Amazon warehouse. In fact if money was no object I guess I might just by the nearest Amazon warehouse and see what tools they have in there.
Biggest personal workshop I've ever had was a 30' x 30' x 18' high pole barn and it was great for my little projects but I had very little time to play in there once it was all set up and then I moved away shortly afterwards.

Reactions: splatz

·
Registered
946 Posts
For me, my PB Swiss multibit driver, and a Fluke 125b portable oscilloscope. That thing is sweet... :vs_OMG:
I haven't seen my 125b since I bought it as the guys love it. Our 100Mhz 190 model sits collecting dust most of the time, even though it's a better unit the size of the 125b is far more friendly to use in the field.

If money was no object for tools I would get the Flir T1020

Reactions: Rora

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I would say my favorite power tool is the Milwaukee M12 bandsaw, it's a great and super useful tool, but that's not why it's my favorite, in fact I don't know why it's my favorite, but there you go.
Its probably split between my m12 bandsaw and m12 rotary hammer, depending on what I'm doing.

·
Wire Ninja
20,984 Posts
Favorite tool? Probably still the good old 10-in-1
If money was no object? Probably one of those Greenlee computerized autobenders.

Reactions: MechanicalDVR

·
Registered
76 Posts
My favorite tool would be the one I couldn't live without so a drill. If I could just go and spend a ridiculous unjustifiable amount well itd be a ton of a.c. units to cool attics.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
No one spicified electrical work related so mine would be ,
a fershley rebuilt Bridgeport milling machine with a DRO but not CNC with all of the tooling.
Second would be a freshley rebuilt American Pacesetter 24"X120" Lathe with a Cushman or other high quality American made 6 jaw chuck and a adjustable 4 jaw Buck chuck.
It would have to have a Aloris quick change tool post and all of the tooling including a DRO

Reactions: LARMGUY and B-Nabs

·
Wire Ninja
20,984 Posts
a fershley rebuilt Bridgeport milling machine with a DRO but not CNC with all of the tooling.
Second would be a freshley rebuilt American Pacesetter 24"X120" Lathe with a Cushman or other high quality American made 6 jaw chuck and a adjustable 4 jaw Buck chuck.
It would have to have a Aloris quick change tool post and all of the tooling including a DRO
I've owned two Bridgeports in my life so far. The last one I did convert to CNC running Mach3 with Clearpath servo's and sold it back in March.

Right now I have a South Bend lathe with an Aloris. No DRO. I just slap dial indicators on it when it's important. I'm mill-less at the present. I'm on the hunt for a K&T horizontal/vertical convertible mill. Machining is my only hobby. What I know, for sure, is whatever you pay for the machine you will have that much again wrapped up in tooling.

I suspect you'd like an American Pacemaker? I've never heard of an American Pacesetter. If I was to ever wish for another lathe, it would probably be the holy grail- the Monarch 10EE

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I just worked on a k&t 3ch 7 1/2hp horizontal mill today. That thing is a fricken beast! 8000 some-odd pounds of American Exceptionalism.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Cost no object....hmmm

I would buy facebook and you-tube. That way i could shut them down while i talk to my helper. It would also come in handy when im trying to communicate with the kids.

·
Premium Member
18,443 Posts
Biggest personal workshop I've ever had was a 30' x 30' x 18' high pole barn and it was great for my little projects but I had very little time to play in there once it was all set up and then I moved away shortly afterwards.
I was thinking that you had a 2 story workshop but, now that I ponder it a bit, someone built like a Sasquatch would think it was just enough room for jumping jacks.

·
Premium Member
18,443 Posts
Ok then, no one is going to toss this one out but, I will nominate, for my brothers on the road, The Fleshlight. :biggrin:

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,085 Posts
I was thinking that you had a 2 story workshop but, now that I ponder it a bit, someone built like a Sasquatch would think it was just enough room for jumping jacks.
LMAO!

It had a 7' loft for storage @ halfway from the back wall towards the front.

It was at the house I had in NC and the height was basically for ambient heat reasons.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts