Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call saying lights would go on and off periodically, there all the way out now and furnace is also which makes me think they lost a leg...utility company checked there end and transformer is fine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chill smart guy I'm not a forum guru trying to figure out how to post the pic thought it might give me an option before I submitted...

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
First thing I'm thinking is what does the panel brand have to do with losing a service leg?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea screw that trouble shooting thing I'm just gonna spike up the pole and check the transformer taps...if I can't figure it out I'll just throw a jumper from the side that is working to the other side...I don't know about you but 120+120=240 gimme the cash

·
Member IBEW LU #164
2,965 Posts
Yea screw that trouble shooting thing I'm just gonna spike up the pole and check the transformer taps...if I can't figure it out I'll just throw a jumper from the side that is working to the other side...I don't know about you but 120+120=240 gimme the cash

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You thinking I better go with check? Yea your right those jackwagons can print money right off there computer now and how would I know, I'ld prob go buy a 30 pack at the corner store n get busted...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright no more funny business...consumers checked the transformer its a duplex the transformer feeds both sides and the other side is fine, it feeds down to a separate meter socket obviously... one side of the duplex lost a leg by the sounds of things, I havent seen it yet though...I do have a picture of the panel and I'm not sure what kind it is the busses come away from the back of the panel still trying to get this photobucket thing going...thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts