Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a small TI this week. The panel and the bathrooms were finished by the electrician that did the building. We get to running some stuff that had to go over the bathrooms and find that when the other electrician had ran the feeders he had only put flex where you could see the run from the floor. This was a first for me never seen someone just run a few sections of flex with the 3/0 feeders running through the holes. They also had places where the mc they ran in the bathroom was tangled up with the 3/0 feeders. Anybody ever seen this??

·
Registered
413 Posts
Did a small TI this week. The panel and the bathrooms were finished by the electrician that did the building. We get to running some stuff that had to go over the bathrooms and find that when the other electrician had ran the feeders he had only put flex where you could see the run from the floor. This was a first for me never seen someone just run a few sections of flex with the 3/0 feeders running through the holes. They also had places where the mc they ran in the bathroom was tangled up with the 3/0 feeders. Anybody ever seen this??

What Is a TI.?..:blink:

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Kind of hard to follow your story, but it sounds like the existing feeders were in flex, and you saw a bunch of MC just slopped together and wrapped around the feeders, Right?

If so, then yes. I see it all the time. In fact, I happen to enjoy making a mess with MC when I run it, It makes me see dollar signs, and feel like I've accomplished something. :laughing:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I was on a treadmill and a little dizzy when I posted it. What I meant was that the guy ran like 5' of 2" flex up from the panel. The feeder wires then exited the flex and the 3/0 wire was ran unprotected until the next point it crossed over a viewable location then there was another 5 or 6' of flex. Basically it was about a 100' foot run of 3/0 with only 40-50' of flex.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
They get what they paid for. Welcome to the world of lowest bidder.

That is about as hack as it gets.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,332 Posts
Yes I have seen this type before for panel feeders. We have a large contingent of people from far off distant places where rice is considered the finest thing on the planet. Wiring methods used are a bit shall we say "different"....

·
Premium Member
20,108 Posts
3/0? Either that is a big feeder or was Aluminum. What would be the point of buying flex? 2" PVC Would be cheaper than just the connectors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.