Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

1,053 Posts
I would recommend looking for an apprenticeship program that is registered through the USDOL and/or going through the IBEW.

Here's a nice map showing registered apprenticeship opportunities.

As Bad mentioned, the best states would be ones where work is steady and pay is good. I'd probably also look for a state that has a strict state-wide licensing requirement for journeyman. I've heard FL doesn't rank well with pay or licensing of j-man.

As far as states recognizing hours earned in a different state... that can get a little complicated, because not all states have the same requirements and documentation needed to obtain a journeyman license. I'm guessing the map you saw probably showed which states have reciprocal licensing for journeyman.
  • Like
Reactions: JW Splicer
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.