Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking into buying a some milwaukee cordless tools. Just wondering what voltage you guys think is the best. The 28v or the 18v lithium ones.

·
Local 134 - A Card
200 Posts
If you do a search on "Milwaukee" you will find quite a few threads talking about this. Also, Rondom Killer just recently mentioned that he has a New 4 piece Bosch Set for sale for $299 I think.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,796 Posts
Makita 18V LiIo with the black battery.

*Edit- I didn't mean the black battery. I meant the larger battery.

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
I like the Milwaukee in 18v, I have several tools in this size and they all work fine and the power lasts well. The Lithium ion is much lighter than anything else but they shut off in cold weather when left in the truck over night, the 10.8's are small enough to stick in your pocket while driving to a job but I don't have big enough pockets for an 18v. I did find a Bosch supply that is very inexpensive, if you are interested. http://bosch.cpotools.com/combo_kits/18_volt_combo_kits/ Also the depot has had a 4 tool Milw. set for about the same price, I just don't care for the hatchet sawzall as much as the standard one, it has a shorter blade stroke.

·
licenced and willing
109 Posts
The 28v's are awsome, tons of power and long run time. Best part is full power right up till the battery is dead. Alittle on the heavy side but they're well balanced.

·
Master Electrician
2,684 Posts
The 36's must run for days, whats the recharge time like?
one hour. usually lasts 4 days or so using it on a normal basis. no heavy drilling but driving screws or drilling a few holes for fishing. its a little heavy but good balance. ive cut an oil tank in half with a full battery with the sawzall and it the battery was dead by the end. the sawzall was pretty hot too

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,917 Posts
We have all Milwaukee 18v s at work and they do a great job.

·
Golden Controls
616 Posts

theres a hilti for 279 which isn't bad at all I paid more for mine.

heres an 18v milwaukee for 299
http://www.tylertool.com/milwaukee15.html

I'm a die hard hilti fan they are still made right here in the USA and they have a huge facility here in tulsa so I know my dollars go straight to the American working mans pocket!

·
Registered
59 Posts
that does make sense. I'm Hitachi anyway. The boss has a 4 piece combo kit 18v DeWalt though, it's a nice set, better than the Makita's I've used before.

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Milwaukee 18V Lithium for me.
I just picked up a few 18v Milwaukes for myself yesterday. I think they are on sale at most places because they are going over to the lithiums. I picked up the 1/2" hammer drill, straight sawzall, hatchet sawzall, and radio. The wife and I just started looking for a project house.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,917 Posts
I just picked up a few 18v Milwaukes for myself yesterday. I think they are on sale at most places because they are going over to the lithiums. I picked up the 1/2" hammer drill, straight sawzall, hatchet sawzall, and radio. The wife and I just started looking for a project house.

I can see it now, painting parties, deck parties.....

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Tupperware parties :lol::laughing: !
He's just affraid I'll ask him to give me a hand working on the place. His wife has him on a yes dear schedule, so it's hard for him to come out and play.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts