Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pulling a cable from the breaker which is situated inside the house in Red Deer, Alberta and want to run a wire to the deck where I will install a GFCI Receptacle in a weather proof box.

I have NMD90 cable with me and intend to run it through a conduit all the way from the breaker to the receptacle. The wire will run above the ground and alongside the PVC siding covered wall. Is NMD90 a higher standard than NMD60 ?

Is this the right way to wire or do i need to use another wire. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

Is Robroy Conduit the same as the PVC conduits available in big box stores like Home Depot or these for professional installation.

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,908 Posts
I am pulling a cable from the breaker which is situated inside the house in Red Deer, Alberta and want to run a wire to the deck where I will install a GFCI Receptacle in a weather proof box.

I have NMD90 cable with me and intend to run it through a conduit all the way from the breaker to the receptacle. The wire will run above the ground and alongside the PVC siding covered wall. Is NMD90 a higher standard than NMD60 ?

Is this the right way to wire or do i need to use another wire. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
This site is for electricians

·
Chief Flunky
Field Service Engineer
3,294 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.

Is Robroy Conduit the same as the PVC conduits available in big box stores like Home Depot or these for professional installation.
No. Robroy is a brand name for PVC coated rigid steel conduit that was supposed to be virtually indestructible and is the most expensive on the market. Turns out what most people don't understand is conduit is not truly waterproof so it rusted badly from the inside out but you can't see it since the PVC hides it. There is a sister forum for DIY. This is not the right forum

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,827 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.