Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two day job? Three day job? Week long? How many guys per crew?

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most stuff we get is between 1- 3 days. Maybe a week long job every so many weeks. And a slew of hit-n-run service calls.

2 guys.

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
It really depends. Just finished a10,000 sq ft house that was two years, just finished a boat house that was one year, but finished a remodel in one day. I guess my jobs are between one day and one year. .

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
was that two year job every day or just in phases? i seem to get a lot of jobs that take forever because theyre so spread out

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
For us anything from a couple hour service call to a commercial remodel lasting a month or two. Usually 2-3 guys, but man up if necessary.
A lot of new homes lately with a few commercial renovations and everything in between.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
few hour service call to two year project.

The two year project would have 2 to 3 men in the beginning and at the end with up to 30 for the middle duration.

Most jobs are 3 to 10 men for six months to a year. There is usually several of these jobs being maned while a large two year project is also being maned.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Anywhere from 5 new services to 13 DSL provisioning orders a day.

In the past, I've been on jobs wiring new apartment complexes or office buildings for months at a time.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Most big 1 year jobs we sub contract out to some immigrants and about 100 of them will get it done. Get payed, close up shop, job burns down and start over.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
1 to 3 day jobs, 1 to 3 year bids.....

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Average job size means nothing, as long as it's big enough to satisfy your partner. And if you are a sole proprietor, you only have to satisfy yourself.

·
neutral member
1,770 Posts
It varies, lately a lot of 1-day jobs, luckily I can usually knock out a 1-day job in less than 2 full days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts