Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I been trying to install some 1900 box from some existence one we have already the floor is not really the nicest u can ever imagine... Somebody recommended me buying a digital laser level... I check some from dewalt and Bosch some are cheap some are kinda expensive but I need to know which kind are the best for electrical work like installing lights boxes panels etc....

·
Cool Kid
633 Posts
I've used DeWalt's two line laser level extensively. You can find it online for around $160. Very useful. Only drawback is it doesn't do plumb bob dots on the ceiling, which is useful for pinpointing light locations.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I second the Dewalt.. cheap and works great. I bought mine online for $130 on sale in Canaduh.. so it should be had for about that or less in 'Murica if you wait for the deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you Guys know the model or serial number I see a lots similar from 100 and up it b very useful to see the product you mention

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
I second the Dewalt.. cheap and works great. I bought mine online for $130 on sale in Canaduh.. so it should be had for about that or less in 'Murica if you wait for the deal.

How long of a line does it project on the wall?

·
Registered
282 Posts
+1 for DeWalt DW087K or DW088K. I have the 087... I think the 088 has longer range visibility.

The only thing I wish it had was some ability to adjust the height (within an inch or so) without removing it from the wall. Bosch has that, but their bracket for wall mounting must be removed for storage (if I remember correctly), so it takes longer to setup and put away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the Dewalt laser that is pictured in this thread.... only problem I have is the line starts to get thick and blurry when a pls at the same range is still thin and sharp.

·
Registered
176 Posts
+1 for DeWalt DW087K or DW088K. I have the 087... I think the 088 has longer range visibility.

The only thing I wish it had was some ability to adjust the height (within an inch or so) without removing it from the wall. Bosch has that, but their bracket for wall mounting must be removed for storage (if I remember correctly), so it takes longer to setup and put away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The bosch I have fits fine in the provided case with the wall bracket installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts