Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When clients complain about what I charge I think about the education, experience, equipment, licenses, etc. it takes just to hang a shingle.

More important however is the danger we face everyday. We can't see, smell, or taste what we work with everyday. If we feel our "product" it may well be the last thought we process.

Also, we face the normal perils as other trades: falls, burns, cuts, poisons, etc.

What have I missed?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The possible loss. If a plumber screws up the result might be a soaked carpet or ruined ceiling tiles. If we screw up the result might be the total loss of the structure and possible loss of life.

Not to take anything away from my buddies in the plumbing trade. Just saying.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
When clients complain about what I charge I think about the education, experience, equipment, licenses, etc. it takes just to hang a shingle.

More important however is the danger we face everyday. We can't see, smell, or taste what we work with everyday. If we feel our "product" it may well be the last thought we process.

Also, we face the normal perils as other trades: falls, burns, cuts, poisons, etc.

What have I missed?
How about perils from other trades. Carpenter dropping hammer on electrician's hardhatless head etc. !!:laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Burying pvc boxes while sporting a pager.........

I put tow in surfing at or near the top of the list.

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts

What have I missed?
We deal with all kinds of dangerous things on a daily basis, GFCI's tripping during lightning storms comes to mind.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,958 Posts
Aircraft carrier flight deck Ordnancemen. Things are always falling on or off a flight deck. Two 2000# bombs that broke free during an underway replenishment. 1983

1 - 20 of 54 Posts