Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just came across this site looking at getting a different electrical licence since i can't find work with a 309A licence. I have been licenced for about a year now and it has taken me 9 years to do my 5 year apprentiship.Im 25 years old so i figure id maybe go and do a couple plc courses but its up in the air right now what i wanna do, maybe a different trade all togeather haha.

Anyways just figured id sign up here and see what ideas i can get going.

Anyways thanks for having me here :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
sparky420

9 years to do my 5 year apprentiship.Im 25

Gee, I wonder why???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sparky420

9 years to do my 5 year apprentiship.Im 25

Gee, I wonder why???
HAHA that has nothing to do with it, Long story short I did a OPAY Program in high school for 2 years with a contractor from the IBEW and after I graduated from high school my Forman that I was working for the past 2 years came up to me and asked if I was interested in continuing in electrical and I said yes. He told me that he was on the apprentiship board with the IBEW and that he would love for me to join. I did, and worked for him for 2 years till the contractor had fallout with the Local and pulled out of the area I was working in and I got laid off. Was off for 9 months as a 2nd term apprentice and the hall telling me that next moth there will be work, next month. I didn’t want to go somewhere other than the union to continue my apprentiship so when I ran out of unemployment I went to a window company and started working there for 3 months till I got fired from there for taking a vacation the I was not granted LOL. When I came back from the 2 week vacation I called the hall again and they said no work yet, so I got fed up with that and went to a non union shop where I worked for 2 and a half years till management change and they lost work and again I got laid off. During the 2 years I was working non union I kept my dues paid up and so when I was laid off from non union I went back to the hall and it took me about 2 years to finish my last year of my apprentiship because of the lack of work my hall has had. I got my licence last year and worked for about 6 months and got laid off in November and haven’t had work since. I understand there is a recession going on but when they say there is a demand and I find no work it’s kind of discouraging.

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
PLUMBING IS A GOOD TRADE !!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maybe some aspects of plumbing are ok but I have issues with being around guys that are full of ****e let alone to have any desire to play with the stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts