Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Duct rape residue was probably some nut bar homeowner who taped their old meter to the base so it couldn't be replaced with a smart meter. And it probably didn't work, hence the smart meter and duct rape removed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We put this in This spring, before the brick was done. My co-worker saw it today, and they cemented the whole thing shut. Morons!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
bmailman20 said:
We put this in This spring, before the brick was done. My co-worker saw it today, and they cemented the whole thing shut. Morons!
. Potentially , but why is the meter so damn close to the window ? You would have had to have known there would be a sill of some sort ?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
bmailman20 said:
. Smart masons are pretty rare , and you can't expect them to cut that nice precast sill , can you , lol ? A very wise man imparted these words of wisdom to me years ago , and they ring true everyday . " expect the very least and you'll never be disappointed "

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
The utility companies will issue violations when the come around to do meter service and inspection. People used to build those custom boxes around here to hide them and got stuck removing them or face shut off.
I like the bathroom stall one at the bottom.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can do a quality job (workmanship & materials).
What you can't do is control what happens after you're off the job.
Only the Auth. Having Jurisdiction can. Been on both sides of that fence.
p.s. the meter reader can have the service killed, but then his bosses
don't sell the power.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
its called cbfs.
chronic brain fart syndrome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts