Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in my travels today. I've always thought this was wrong, but don't know why except for manufacturer's requirements. I try not to do this but really dont see anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Or is it a SqD panel with a Siemens cover? That would explain the missing screws.:blink:
I thought the same thing, but that is definitely a siemens main. This house was built probably in the last five years or so and the inspector in this area is an electrician.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What i'm getting at is it a code violation? I know it violates manufacturer requirements, but i can't recall seeing it in the codebook.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
You'd have to check the white book to see if SqD breakers are listed for use in Siemens panels or vice versa.

Other then requiring products be used as listed the code doesnt require anything like that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You'd have to check the white book to see if SqD breakers are listed for use in Siemens panels or vice versa.

Other then requiring products be used as listed the code doesnt require anything like that.
What is this whitebook you speak of?

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
What i'm getting at is it a code violation? I know it violates manufacturer requirements, but i can't recall seeing it in the codebook.
Certain breakers don't fit into other panels electrically. Physically yes (some homline panels wont allow other breakers) but the connection isn't the same as intended. I have seen foreign breakers smoke check busses.

Seeing the wrong breakers on a new panel screams cheap, along with do you even do resi regularly? Or did someone give you those for free?

When ever you place an order for a panel at the supply house Id hope you do the same for the breakers.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
You won't see in the NEC.
"Do no install square d breakers in a Siemens panel"
You will see something to the effect of to be installed per manufacture instructions.
And if you refer to the manufacture you will find (most likely)
This is not a listed application for either products . The breakers or the panel.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I have no problem with cross contamination but the Homeline breakers don't really fit on the Seimans buss. They almost fit but that last 1/16" leaves them angled out.

I see it all the time in my area and the diagnosis is.....hack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts