Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to find out what most contractors/sub-contractors favourite kind of work is FROM their customers/clients?

I guess if there was the opportunity for you to only receive ONE kind of service/type job, what would it be? And why?

I'm trying to find inspiration for my own side business.

Regards

David

·
Retired Account
39,698 Posts
The kind that know what they want, grant me the window of opportunity to do it, let me do the job I want to do, don't help , don't try and bargain some deal , and pay me when i'm done.

~CS~

·
Registered
697 Posts
The kind that know what they want, grant me the window of opportunity to do it, let me do the job I want to do, don't help , don't try and bargain some deal , and pay me when i'm done.

~CS~
I like that except I would change no 1. I like when they don't know what they want. I even kind of like when they don't know what they need. It's best for me when they only know what problem they are having. Figuring things out is the only fun part left in my job.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,568 Posts
Not to be rude or out of line but isn't this thread just another one that is basically oing to end with a sales pitch?

·
Registered
Electrician & Electronics Technologist
1,236 Posts
Any sort of controls.

Building panels, connecting instrumentation, VFDs (though I usually complain about difficulty programming them.......) and especially coming up with non-standard solutions to problems.
Agreed!

And even more so: controls troubleshooting...love that stuff!

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
7,699 Posts
Agreed!

And even more so: controls troubleshooting...love that stuff!
Me too.

There's a knack to it, some guys are good, most are pretty much lost with controls.

I've always believed that control electricians are born, not made. Either you have it or you don't. Unfortunately, if you're not a natural at it, you'll very likely never be good at it.

·
Registered
315 Posts

But only if they have removed the glass cover beforehand, and will reinstall it after I'm done. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to be rude or out of line but isn't this thread just another one that is basically going to end with a sales pitch?
I don't think you're being rude. And no it won't end with a sales pitch. I'm grateful for your honesty and look forward to hearing your favourite kind of work. As you haven't said what it is and why yet.

I am looking to create a business to help electricians find they best kind of work that they like to do and the customers they like to have.

But that will be through my own promotional videos and invested time and money. NOT ON ELECTRICIAN.COM,

I would just like to learn more about the different types of Electricians out there. And this blog is a great opportunity to get to know you all better and find out your problems and desires so I can help more.

NO SPAMMING OR SALES PITCHES!!! I PROMISE!!!! EVER!!!!

I don't want to spam this awesome blog. Its good to keep things organic.

I'm still an electrician and work 7-3:30 PM every week. And will be for a while more.

There's no one out there helping our smaller businesses in the industry so I thought to myself why don't I do something about it... And that's what I'm making my life purpose!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts