Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
4,427 Posts
At least he didn't do what a plumber here did and called me to check/fix it. He and his son put in a garbage disposal. There was a switch under the sink in the cabinet fed off the receptacle for the disposal. It had a switch loop from the receptacle. I think he replaced the wire to the switch because he took the wiring apart in the receptacle He said there was something wrong with the breaker and it kept "popping" everytime they turned it on. Of course you guys know what he done! He put the white wire of the switch loop with the other neutral in the box. He said he always puts "black to black and white to white"

·
Magic Smoke Remover
1,069 Posts
Plumbers are the worst electricians and carpenters are the worst plumbers.
I think some basic electrical training should be required for the plumbing license. I think it would be unreasonable to bring an electrician out to make the final connection to a water heater like this or a sink disposal, it should be will within the scope on a like for like swap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Plumbers are the worst electricians and carpenters are the worst plumbers.
I think some basic electrical training should be required for the plumbing license. I think it would be unreasonable to bring an electrician out to make the final connection to a water heater like this or a sink disposal, it should be will within the scope on a like for like swap.
And that adds $200 to the bill for swapping out an appliance. Simplest solution is to not hardware any of this, put in a single hole outlet, and require manufacturers to put plugs on their appliances going forward. Same goes for dishwashers, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts