Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Can't Remember
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maintenance guys wanted a couple of receptacles from me today and it dawned on me that as of Jan 1, 2014 (2011 code)406.4D(4) calls for arc fault protection for most dwelling receptacle replacements. I know mass is on 2014 and doesn't amend this. Where is ME and VT on this, any amendments? Letting those in charge know about this. Mainly the bill is going up.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
yeah....'11

but to talk to some folks here you might think they're stuck in 1911.....:rolleyes:

~CS~

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
etta,

i'm fairly sure they'll adopt the '14 sometime mid year

probably the same amendments copy/paste w/'14 on it

we like to keep folks guessing as to our literacy...:whistling2:

~CS~

·
Can't Remember
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have five I think housing units in VT and a couple in ME. Making sure they get the right advice.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
The Vt States page shows the 2011 being adopted 6-2011 NRP3

What you might want to consider, if you've got the FA piece of the deal, are the 2015 smoke requirements here

All our Fire marshals are really excited about it here....:rolleyes:

~CS~

·
Can't Remember
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could see some work generated with that. Likely no smokes in bedrooms. What do they do with units equipped with fire alarm system smokes. The photoelectric component they likely met as they have put in a bunch of Kidde photo/co units but there would likely be some additional needed in bedrooms plus AFCI too.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I'm unsure of what the system guys are doing, these folks have my area sewn up & i'm sure they're up on the latest/greatest Nrp3

~CS~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts