Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who is willing to share their info? I'm looking for good company that provides credit card sales on your Web site, store front, over the phone and/or with your cell phone. I'm getting solicitations in the mail daily from companies who say they're the best customer support & lowest prices. Thanks in advance for sharing.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Open up a Chase account and get the little square that plugs into your I phone.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
you don't have to have chase, but you do need a checking account. choose square up. its free to get. they charge 2.75%. easy and cheap. you will need a phone that downloads aps though. the ap is free. cash is in there the next day. do a search on here and you will see. many of us use it.

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
im old school here.. I just call it in... If i get one credit card every quarter its a lot....

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
I'm wondering why a contractor needs to process CC's on a web site or "store front".

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
I'm wondering why a contractor needs to process CC's on a web site or "store front".

Some customers WANT to pay by CC, to increase their 'points'. Web or 'store front' payment makes it easy for customers to pay. They don't need a CC really, they can link their PayPal account to their bank account and pay you through your web site.

It's simple to understand..... the more ways you make it easy for a customer to pay you, the lower your outstanding ARs will be.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Intuit Togo, I pay 1.7%. Way better than squareup. And its just as easy to set up and they offer the card reader that plugs into your android or iPhone for free.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Intuit Togo, I pay 1.7%. Way better than squareup. And its just as easy to set up and they offer the card reader that plugs into your android or iPhone for free.
Any monthly fees with them? Lower rates promised by many of those providers require monthly fees -- often $20 -- which negate any advantage to the lower rates for occasional users ...

I think squareup doesn't assess monthly minimums or fees ....

·
Registered
767 Posts
kbsparky said:
Any monthly fees with them? Lower rates promised by many of those providers require monthly fees -- often $20 -- which negate any advantage to the lower rates for occasional users ...

I think squareup doesn't assess monthly minimums or fees ....
I am in the process of checking into options myself. If you go Intuit, it is 1.7% if you are in with a $12.95/mo fee. The totally free is @2.7% just like square. This info is on Intuit's site.
-Jim

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
How many credit cards do you guys get a year..? I dont get that many.... and if i do its for like 5000 grand or something like that.. I had one douche give me an American Express for 15,000.....:censored: I wanted to punch him .....:mad: Im thinking of switching to Intuit...

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
How many credit cards do you guys get a year..? I dont get that many.... and if i do its for like 5000 grand or something like that.. I had one douche give me an American Express for 15,000.....:censored: I wanted to punch him .....:mad:

I've been processing more and more. It's just another payment option for the customers. Works great. Money in the bank account with in a few days.:thumbsup:

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
I've been processing more and more. It's just another payment option for the customers. Works great. Money in the bank account with in a few days.:thumbsup:
I accept them too but I think im getting ripped off at 40 bucks a month.. when i see that you can basically get it for free.... The only thing with my company is i really dont pay much in finance charges...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts