Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
Do you mean vinyl or latex gloves, like surgeon's gloves?

Confused, what trade are you in?

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
I use several types of gloves, for general use I get the Kobalt Mechanics gloves at Lowes $10 and they last a while, for wire pulling and conduit work I get Midwest canvas leather palm gloves $12 and they wear like iron,for working on medical machines (greasy-oily) I use Nitrile gloves (bright blue) @$18 per box at Johnstone, they hold up well til you puncture them.

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Graingers for gloves large variety and sizes

The only problem with most of their gloves is they don't come in a large enough size for me. I have a hard time getting gloves to fit so I stick with the ones that do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think i know what gloves your talking about they are napped i believe is the term on the package as i use them too , and the brand i have are Atlas Therma fit which i was told were purchased at marks work wearhouse the palms of these gloves were a light textured rubber and i found they did help grip wire and conduit , and they did help keep hands warm in the winter months and i believe the price was $17/2 pair

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
I'll call it working too many hours and being dumb. When your hands contact a piece of rotating OCAL conduit with these gloves on, the results are devastating. The technical term is open dislocation. This is where the middle and ring finger are bent to such an extreme, that the knuckle bursts through the skin, allowing the knuckle to be dislocated and the inside of the joint exposed to the atmosphere. While the pinky finger did not experience an open dislocation, it was dislocated, none the less. To this day, I get squeemish when I see people wear these gloves while threading OCAL conduit. That is the story behind it.:whistling2:

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
I'll call it working too many hours and being dumb. When your hands contact a piece of rotating OCAL conduit with these gloves on, the results are devastating. The technical term is open dislocation. This is where the middle and ring finger are bent to such an extreme, that the knuckle bursts through the skin, allowing the knuckle to be dislocated and the inside of the joint exposed to the atmosphere. While the pinky finger did not experience an open dislocation, it was dislocated, none the less. To this day, I get squeemish when I see people wear these gloves while threading OCAL conduit. That is the story behind it.:whistling2:
That's the reason that I like the light leather (goat/deer hide) gloves, they resist getting snagged pretty well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.