Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And what is the likelihood of this one accepting twins?

Realtor sent me the pic, I can't get out there for a couple days.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Call the realtor and ask them for a better picture that has the label clearly shown. It should have a list of all the breakers the panel is approved for. Which is not to say others may not physically fit, but they aren't listed/approved.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It looks pretty old. Most of the older panels are listed for tandem breakers. It's the newer ones that are CTL (circuit total limitation). I believe prior to 1965 all panel could have tandem breakers. How old is the building? Is the sub-panel original? Hope this info makes sense and is helpful.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
jigs-n-fixtures said:
Call the realtor and ask them for a better picture that has the label clearly shown. It should have a list of all the breakers the panel is approved for. Which is not to say others may not physically fit, but they aren't listed/approved.
It's a CHCH panel and those are the only breakers you'll be fitting in that panel. IMO that's the benefit of a CH or QO.

·
Can't Remember
10,434 Posts
Looks like a couple of empty spaces. Unless you are planning on adding some, you are all set even if not listed for twins. Go forth, make money.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a couple of empty spaces. Unless you are planning on adding some, you are all set even if not listed for twins. Go forth, make money.

Home inspector said no more room so I have to assume there are no bus stabs behind those two KOs

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks pretty old. Most of the older panels are listed for tandem breakers. It's the newer ones that are CTL (circuit total limitation). I believe prior to 1965 all panel could have tandem breakers. How old is the building? Is the sub-panel original? Hope this info makes sense and is helpful.
Thanks, the building is 1960

1 - 17 of 17 Posts