• Southwire

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • United

Votes: 1 3.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use Romex NM a good bit- the local supplyhouse stocks one brand of Romex that's hard to strip. Home Depot and Lowe's stock another brand of Romex that's really easy to strip and pull through the studs.

Who makes the best Romex NM building wire on the market??

·
Banned
627 Posts
I use Romex NM a good bit- the local supplyhouse stocks one brand of Romex that's hard to strip. Home Depot and Lowe's stock another brand of Romex that's really easy to strip and pull through the studs.

simpull.

also make the best wire insulation for feeders....

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Ettco Flex.
Colonial Flex.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Shockdoc said:
Whatever brand is cheapest is best, so far it's Simpull since the Orange store has the lowest prices for 14 and 12 NM
There's one downside to the simpull. The silicone makes it so slick that, at times I've pulled it halfway acccross a ceiling, get down to move the ladder, and the whole run slips right back out falls on the floor.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
There's one downside to the simpull. The silicone makes it so slick that, at times I've pulled it halfway acccross a ceiling, get down to move the ladder, and the whole run slips right back out falls on the floor.
Did done had that happen too.:laughing:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

His first post is a poll???????Surely this guy is a salesman or market research or something.

mobt1711 is from Georgia, you decide.

Southwire Company | One Southwire Drive | Carrollton, Georgia 30119 | United States of America :whistling2:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
mobt1711 is from Georgia, you decide.

Southwire Company | One Southwire Drive | Carrollton, Georgia 30119 | United States of America :whistling2:
I doubt the poster is from Southwire...they hold the trademark for Romex and sent a strongly worded letter to MH about not permitting the word "romex" to appear on his forum unless it had the "®" next to it.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
For what it's worth, the OP appears to be a national account manager for Southwire. I wish they'd just buy a freaking banner ad than be sneaky, but I guess this suits them. It has to work better than the approach Beverly took around the net. That went over like a lead balloon.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I doubt the poster is from Southwire...they hold the trademark for Romex and sent a strongly worded letter to MH about not permitting the word "romex" to appear on his forum unless it had the "®" next to it.
People are fugging stupid.

I didn't care what brand I used but now I hate Southwire/Romex for being stupid.

Good job Dude.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
For what it's worth, the OP appears to be a national account manager for Southwire. I wish they'd just buy a freaking banner ad than be sneaky, but I guess this suits them. It has to work better than the approach Beverly took around the net. That went over like a lead balloon.

Funny. Didn't Southwire send Nathan a threatening email about using the Romex name sans the attendant ®? Strange how it got 'missed' by the OP.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
I shop on price. I don't much care who's name is on the box. I seem to get Colonial a lot, but for no particular reason.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts