Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
3,111 Posts
Make sure to watch the carpenter's channel for some expert framing tips as well.

Wood Wood stain Font Hardwood Flooring

·
Just trying to get home
Site Engineer
2,822 Posts
Yeah, we're gonna need time stamps. We can't suffer through too much stupid on the way to the really good stuff.

·
Premium Member
Working With the Tools
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Measure 18 inches up from the floor on every stud to where the receptacle boxes go and make a mark" ????? What a waste of time... somebody please show him the hammer trick!

·
Registered
Water treatment plant maintenance
613 Posts
I bought 2 rolls of 12 gauge thhn this morning. 130 bucks a pop is a lot to throw at 15 amps. Then again I landed it on a 15 amp breaker because I was planning on a 20 but the panel was full of 15s.

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
353 Posts
oof that was painful!
At the end he says "nothing wrong with this job, it looks good!".... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :unsure:
I realize this is American, and I'm a Canuck, but I think your "6-12" rule is similar to ours? Every point of wall has to be within 6' of an outlet? I don't think he understands it properly... lol.

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
oof that was painful!
At the end he says "nothing wrong with this job, it looks good!".... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :unsure:
I realize this is American, and I'm a Canuck, but I think your "6-12" rule is similar to ours? Every point of wall has to be within 6' of an outlet? I don't think he understands it properly... lol.
No, he confused the requirement that a wall 24 inches or longer needs a receptacle, with any wall 24 inches long needs a receptacle. Here is that actual wording.

(A) General Provisions.

In every kitchen, family room, dining room, living room, parlor, library, den, sunroom, bedroom, recreation room, or similar room or area of dwelling units, receptacle outlets shall be installed in accordance with the general provisions specified in 210.52(A)(1) through (A)(4).
(1) Spacing.

Receptacles shall be installed such that no point measured horizontally along the floor line of any wall space is more than 1.8 m (6 ft) from a receptacle outlet.

(2) Wall Space.

As used in this section, a wall space shall include the following:
  • (1)
    Any space 600 mm (2 ft) or more in width (including space measured around corners) and unbroken along the floor line by doorways and similar openings, fireplaces, and fixed cabinets that do not have countertops or similar work surfaces
  • (2)
    The space occupied by fixed panels in walls, excluding sliding panels
  • (3)
    The space afforded by fixed room dividers, such as freestanding bar-type counters or railings

·
Registered
87 Posts
This
Wood Electrical wiring Plaster Window Ceiling

Grey Electrical wiring Gas Electrical supply Metal

Is what homeowner wiring with 12ga gets you. Wires cut so short they cant be landed on devices, or even pulled out of the wall enough to work on. Had to swap this gfi out for a 2 gang to fish in a switch leg. Took half my day between weaseling it out of the wall, fishing the new wire and working a new box back in the wall. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts