Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever wonder what would happen to a panel when the 2" PVC with (3) 3/0 and a #4 ground gets yanked out of the ground by a backhoe operated by the plumber installing the septic system?

How about the meter base? Notice the 2" with only the ground still in it? That's where said 3/0 once was. If you zoom in on the 200 amp breaker, you can see the lugs are missing.

By the way...said feeders were 110' long...and the guy that did the digging for me to install these feeders, was the same guy who dug them up, who then also became the same guy who had to pay to get them, the panel, and the 200 amp breaker replaced.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
:jester:

Was he a brand new digger guy? Who doesn't know to at least take a look at the site and get an idea of what might be underground :jester:

I bet you could have just eyeballed the site and told him that there were feeders somewhere close :laughing:

·
Registered
13,398 Posts
Yes I have seen that before. I had one that a sewer contractor dug up. Just about got the main into the pipe. I changed the panel, conduit and wires. Went back a month later to do more work, pulled the cover and was staring at the same thing again. Yeah, he hit it again!

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Seen that 4 times so far.

Curious what the details of this setup are. 200A to where, and a couple 100A feeds into the house? Thanks.

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
He dug the trench for you and then hit them did he forget where he trenched before
He even tripped an arc fault

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
thats some awesome stuff! that excevater should have that picture framed and hung in the cab of his hoe!:laughing:

·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3xdad said:
Seen that 4 times so far.

Curious what the details of this setup are. 200A to where, and a couple 100A feeds into the house? Thanks.
This is the main service for a 3000 square foot main house with a pool house. It's built on the pool house. 60 amp sub to pool panel (overkill) 100 amp feed to pool house panel directly behind meter, 100 amp feed to 2 hvac units on main house. 200 amp feed to (wrecked) panel in main house.
The turd herders that tore it up are buddies of mine that I work with on many jobs, so I didn't pour it to em. Donated my labor(about a day), they bought the materials, and I left knowing that one day they might have to return the favor. (I'm a karma type of guy)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts