Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like a ton of you have an axe to grind with people who believe in a fair wage. Are these people envious of the benefits, fair wages and camaraderie?

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
This very thread could be considered trolling, and I'm not even sure you aren't.

If you want to claim all unions are great, that's just as asinine as claiming all unions are terrible. The reality, like everything, is often somewhere in the middle. Both sides get worked up because they often refuse to admit that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not trolling at all. Just skim through the threads in here. There's always that "one guy" in most threads just threadcrapping, smack talking unions.

It's like going to a gun forum spouting gun control measures.

Sent from my Z730 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I'm not trolling at all. Just skim through the threads in here. There's always that "one guy" in most threads just threadcrapping, smack talking unions.

It's like going to a gun forum spouting gun control measures.

Sent from my Z730 using electriciantalk.com mobile app
First I am a union electrician and have worked both sides of the isle, BUT there is always one guy here bashing open shops and there is always an open shop guy bashing union. It goes both ways, it is what it is, This is an OPEN forum.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
ScholzPDX said:
It seems like a ton of you have an axe to grind with people who believe in a fair wage. Are these people envious of the benefits, fair wages and camaraderie?
. I'll agree with you on the benefits and fair wages part ( although , plenty of open shops offer both ) . The " camaraderie " is certainly lacking in my local , and some members will throw others under the bus in a heartbeat , to help themselves to stay working longer ? Don't see much camaraderie in that ? It's a select group luckily , but that technique of self preservation spreads like a fungus , unfortunately .

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
ScholzPDX said:
. Also , last time I checked , this was a forum for " electricians " ? Just because someone isn't a card carrying member of the IBEW , doesn't mean they're not electricians .

·
Registered
948 Posts
I actually value what non union guys have to say. I like to hear other people's perspective but it doesn't mean I have to agree we them.

Some just like to stir crap and bust our chops as union members but I like to do the same to them.

·
Member IBEW LU #164
2,965 Posts
It is a useful part of the forum if someone can get their question answered in the first dozen posts, everything from there on is either trolling or troll bait.

But to answer your question...let us ask one of the anti worker trolls....

Tradesmen in particular seem to disdain anyone who make more money than them, especially if they do so via higher education.

·
13,020 Posts
I don't have an issue with people not wanting to be affiliated with a Union. In many cases I may not understand the logic behind it, but then again, I also don't understand the logic in scat p0rn either.

I realize there are plenty of open shop guys that work hard and really know their stuff. Same with the union side. That's great. But when a select few open shop guys come in and just spew vitriol, that gets pretty ridiculous pretty quick. Some come on here and claim that the union guys are on here bashing them all the time. Sorry, but I rarely see that. Usually it's someone starting a legitimate discussion on a union topic, and then an anti-union guy will come in and start sh!t, and everyone gets drawn into a stupid squabble. There's a few union trolls here too, of course, but most of the rest of us try not to provoke anything.

Why is that? Because we are well aware that public opinion is against us, that if we go and pull dumb thug sh!t that it will likely be thrown in our face, and that if we go around inciting or provoking non-union guys it counters our own interests to begin with. Yeah there's a few bad apples that do it anyway, but by and large most of us try to be decent and when confronted with some d!ck troll spreading misinformation, then we get defensive about it. So what?

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
The union has nothing beneficial to offer me, a huge pay cut for insurance and retirement I don't need. With a little less job security thrown in.

When's lunch?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
In the broader perspective , it's human nature to pull ones self up by pulling others down

If you doubt me, post your work here ;)

~CS~
I must say chicken, I am growing tired of that statement. Having a different opinion is not " pulling one self up by pulling others down "!

Very condescending and disrespectful. I thought you were better than that! ;)

But, there is no place for name calling, and yes guilty as charged! It only hurts our trade. We know you are non Union, show some respect for other peoples' choices.

It's an open forum, and last I checked a free country! Well sort of. :laughing:

Thanks, Borgi

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.