Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.oftwominds.com/blogaug16/inflation-break8-16.html

This is what's happening to countless electrical contractors in North America.

Canada is atop a STAGGERING bubble -- triggered by corrupt Communist monies.

When the flip comes, it's brutal.

I give you Alberta.

When I first brought up the economic contraction of Alberta -- I was diss'd.

The Red Chinese flight capital ( stolen monies ) has peaked.

TPTB in Beijing are setting the cops loose upon their understudies.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
http://www.oftwominds.com/blogaug16/inflation-break8-16.html

This is what's happening to countless electrical contractors in North America.

Some of the article i agree with, some points i don't. We could debate specifics until the cows come home Tels....:whistling2:

Speaking as an EC so small (i have to sit on my code book to drive my truck) , i'll just say i've survived a number of economic bubbles over the decades.:no:

3/4's of my biz evaporated in '08 , the only reason i'm still here is because i'm somewhere between a chameleon and a pirate in my biz practices (i should write trunk slammers for dummies) :pirate:

But you'd like a global objective, and rightly so. Peon's like yours truely will forever and a day be subjugated by the world's OILogarchs:eek:sama:

Let's talk deflation, yes not INflation, DEflation ! Did you know petrol was dirt cheap when Mother Russia collapsed? Gee, how've gas prices been here lately? Oh, could there be some relevance (think petrodollar) :saddam:

The Three Musketeers Of Global Deflation—-China, Russia And Saudi Arabia:bangin:

~CS~

·
Registered
14,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CS

ONLY Red China is triggering world scale deflation -- as Red China is THE world scale manufacturer.

KSA is merely engaged in the classic John D Rockefeller gambit of bankrupting his rivals so thoroughy that the financial class will no longer enter his oil patch.

KSA's problem -- according to Ambrose Evans-Pritchard (Daily Telegraph) is that KSA can't sell at current prices and stay whole.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/authors/ambrose-evans-pritchard/

Whereas the American frackers CAN sell at current prices....

This is something that's new news to the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-go-broke-before-the-us-oil-industry-buckles/

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/11/saudi-arabia-may-go-broke-before-the-us-oil-industry-buckles/

"If the oil futures market is correct, Saudi Arabia will start running into trouble within two years. It will be in existential crisis by the end of the decade.

The contract price of US crude oil for delivery in December 2020 is currently $62.05, implying a drastic change in the economic landscape for the Middle East and the petro-rentier states.

The Saudis took a huge gamble last November when they stopped supporting prices and opted instead to flood the market and drive out rivals, boosting their own output to 10.6m barrels a day (b/d) into the teeth of the downturn.

Bank of America says OPEC is now "effectively dissolved". The cartel might as well shut down its offices in Vienna to save money."

BTW, I stated that OPEC was dead -- THREE YEARS AGO.

But no-one listens to telsa.

KSA's nightmare is that Riyadh HAS TO pick up the tab for the laziest citizens on this planet: Saudis.

Not one of them earns his keep. ( It's a brutal figure -- seeings how KSA is a desert.)

&&&&

Economically, Russia is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. She's just too tiny.

Putin's nightmare is that Russia's population of military-aged White Russian males is collapsing. I mean collapsing, as in down 50% in the space of a decade.

Red China's population of military-aged males will drop 20% over the next decade. That one-child policy is finally kicking in.

Paul R. Ehrlich got just about EVERYTHING wrong. At least he was paid well to shoot his mouth off. ( Which see: Al Gore. )

·
Estwing magic
26,764 Posts
I dunno. We can make a living at fifty bucks a barrel. Trump will build the pipeline. That's one thing I like about him. You guys can get oil from a friendly nation, which only makes sense.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,263 Posts
Reactions: electricguy

·
Premium Member
19,756 Posts
CS

ONLY Red China is triggering world scale deflation -- as Red China is THE world scale manufacturer.

KSA is merely engaged in the classic John D Rockefeller gambit of bankrupting his rivals so thoroughy that the financial class will no longer enter his oil patch.

KSA's problem -- according to Ambrose Evans-Pritchard (Daily Telegraph) is that KSA can't sell at current prices and stay whole.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/authors/ambrose-evans-pritchard/

Whereas the American frackers CAN sell at current prices....

This is something that's new news to the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-go-broke-before-the-us-oil-industry-buckles/

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/11/saudi-arabia-may-go-broke-before-the-us-oil-industry-buckles/

"If the oil futures market is correct, Saudi Arabia will start running into trouble within two years. It will be in existential crisis by the end of the decade.

The contract price of US crude oil for delivery in December 2020 is currently $62.05, implying a drastic change in the economic landscape for the Middle East and the petro-rentier states.

The Saudis took a huge gamble last November when they stopped supporting prices and opted instead to flood the market and drive out rivals, boosting their own output to 10.6m barrels a day (b/d) into the teeth of the downturn.

Bank of America says OPEC is now "effectively dissolved". The cartel might as well shut down its offices in Vienna to save money."

BTW, I stated that OPEC was dead -- THREE YEARS AGO.

But no-one listens to telsa.

KSA's nightmare is that Riyadh HAS TO pick up the tab for the laziest citizens on this planet: Saudis.

Not one of them earns his keep. ( It's a brutal figure -- seeings how KSA is a desert.)

&&&&

Economically, Russia is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. She's just too tiny.

Putin's nightmare is that Russia's population of military-aged White Russian males is collapsing. I mean collapsing, as in down 50% in the space of a decade.

Red China's population of military-aged males will drop 20% over the next decade. That one-child policy is finally kicking in.

Paul R. Ehrlich got just about EVERYTHING wrong. At least he was paid well to shoot his mouth off. ( Which see: Al Gore. )
Does anyone else see an amature attempt at knocking off The Drudge Report in Teslas ramblings?

·
Safety Pin Member
2,255 Posts
I question the premise.
I don't see a lot of pinched contractors around here.
P&L

Reactions: readydave8

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,072 Posts
I see a lot of low balling contractors here
That seems to be a North American epidemic as of late. When I see hourly rates posted that are less than the pay I made 6 years ago working for someone else.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts