Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a light in the closet off of garage not working. I knew which box the feed came from. Toned it from the supply back to my switch and the tone was strong.

So I figured I would pull out the drip loop. I pulled out the cut section of wire that the plumber cut.:censored:

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I don't do very much resi and even I have wired houses before the plumber got through it or while he was there. MTW lives in his own perfect, special little world where he is the only sparky and everyone absolutely MUST do things his way. He's a worse troll than Cletis is.

FWIW............when I do resi, I leave a bit of loop at the boxes as well. You never know when someone wants to move a box or some moron will cut a wire.

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You leave a loop of wire at every box?
Yes. It is how it has been done in my jurisdiction.
Required, accepted, and done.
I understand that it is not an NEC requirement and as a matter of fact it can be interpreted as a code violation.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
MTW said:
Who wires a house before the plumbing is done? Certainly not an electrician. :no:
. Obviously , someone who doesn't mind rewiring it after the Plumber and tin knocker drill through and shred it all , lol !

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Yes. It is how it has been done in my jurisdiction.
Required, accepted, and done.
I understand that it is not an NEC requirement and as a matter of fact it can be interpreted as a code violation.
Unless you have something that backs up what you are saying, I don't believe it.:no:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.