1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
antisocial group ******
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if the Volkswagen plant went union they could easily close up and move away.
And why is that Harry? Volkswagon never said that, the Republican governer did.

And scared people with his BS.

Republicans just dont understand purchasing power. 10,000 jobs is great, unless they all pay 10 dollars per. Those people have no power to buy anything- they just go on disability. Same money, less work.

Now you give 500 people 25 per, then you have 500 people who can actually afford things. Like new cars, electrical services, vacations.

10,000 jobs means ****, if those people cannot afford anything.

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts

Republicans just dont understand purchasing power. 10,000 jobs is great, unless they all pay 10 dollars per. Those people have no power to buy anything- they just go on disability. Same money, less work.

Now you give 500 people 25 per, then you have 500 people who can actually afford things. Like new cars, electrical services, vacations.

I understand your numbers are hypothetical, but it's a terrible agruement. Let me prefis this by saying, I am not a republican.

10,000 Jobs @10/hr is $100,000 economy dollars per hour
500 jobs @ $25/hr is $12,500 economy dollars per hour

Which has more purchasing power for the ECOMONY?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

In regards to what they're being paid , I agree,It seems to me our code of honor has died,IMO people should be paid well regardless of whether they're union or not.

A dollar is worth 25 cents of what it was worth 10 years ago,it's a disgrace.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I understand your numbers are hypothetical, but it's a terrible agruement. Let me prefis this by saying, I am not a republican.

I see where you're going with this, but you're simply computing and ignoring a plethora of endless other variables.

Those 10,000 jobs at $10 will be stuck on government programs to help make ends meet.. so that $100,000 economy dollars will be backed by $1,000,000 social program dollars. It's a net loss for a community and a country.

Jobs have to pay a living wage, or else they're useless. People making $10/hr won't be buying anything but beans and rice.. $100,000 worth of beans and rice. That's just great!

·
Electrical Contractor
5,633 Posts

At $10 per hour, you have NO disposable income. You are the working poor, relying on a second job to buy food etc.
Number of jobs is totally different than dollars per hour.

Right to work areas are the poorest paid.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
But we all know you don't get any use out of them.
And what does this have to do with the union/non-union question??? Why are the unions afraid of right to work? Because history has shown when the workers are offered a choice they bail out of the unions. Same thing happened in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
11,159 Posts

500 well paying jobs. You don't get it. When workers have no disposable income, and often rely on government subsidies, they're not consumers. We are a consumer-driven economy. You may not be a republican, but you are parroting the republican mantra.

Reactions: Byrin
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.