Electrician Talk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
I am 100 % retired now. Enjoying life :)
2,223 Posts
I have no idea if it would pass but it seems a bit pedestrian. I would have strapped the flex and moved the disco over a bit so you had better clearance. I guess the bottom line would be if it meets code and you can make a profit. I always seem to overdue my installs but I was always paid by the hour and never told to save money on any project so really it's debatable.

·
Can't Remember
10,801 Posts
Not here, disco between 4-6ft above grade, EMT on line side, metallic L.T. for whip, 120v g.f.i. w/in use cover (not tied to indoor circuit)
At least 1 strap within 6" of disco.
they want a dedicated circuit for the service receptacle? I’ll run 12-2-2 or a second home run to one of those combo disco receptacles from Milbank when it makes sense, but I have no problem jumping out the back of an inside receptacle (no kitchen or dining rm). Not like the hvac pump stuff draws all that much.

·
Read Only
790 Posts
they want a dedicated circuit for the service receptacle? I’ll run 12-2-2 or a second home run to one of those combo disco receptacles from Milbank when it makes sense, but I have no problem jumping out the back of an inside receptacle (no kitchen or dining rm). Not like the hvac pump stuff draws all that much.
No, not a dedicated circuit for the service receptacle, it can be tied to all outside receptacles. We can not tie to inside. There are a very few rural AHJ that will allow, but as the years go on they are less. Its common for people to use a skill saw or other high load items to be used on the outside receptacles. I don't make rules, and as much as I may not agree I don't see the point in being combative. Since I carry the warranty & am providing long term solutions I work with the building dept/inspectors. FWIW in July it'll be my 30 year anniversary in business, in California.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No, not a dedicated circuit for the service receptacle, it can be tied to all outside receptacles. We can not tie to inside. There are a very few rural AHJ that will allow, but as the years go on they are less. Its common for people to use a skill saw or other high load items to be used on the outside receptacles. I don't make rules, and as much as I may not agree I don't see the point in being combative. Since I carry the warranty & am providing long term solutions I work with the building dept/inspectors. FWIW in July it'll be my 30 year anniversary in business, in California.
promoting that service/work ethic as a beneficial service is so key.... some dont care, who cares about them.... but for making and keeping a good clientele, priceless.

still tho, idgaf if inspectors are "happy" or not, follow the code and shush.

·
Read Only
790 Posts
Totally agree, some inspectors are on a power trip, but some are genuinely doing the best they can. I can't change others, only myself. Years ago I discovered my number 1 problem, it was looking back at me in the mirror.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Totally agree, some inspectors are on a power trip, but some are genuinely doing the best they can. I can't change others, only myself. Years ago I discovered my number 1 problem, it was looking back at me in the mirror.
so damn true. thank god u caught on to that one

21 - 39 of 39 Posts