Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
Do they have to give you a code reference or can they just say "thats how we do it". I normally don't have problems, but this guy is complicated.

The cops just can't pull you over and 'give' you a speeding ticket, can they? No, they must provide you with the law you broke. Inspectors are the same... they are in enforcement. They enforce rules that are enacted into laws. If there's no law against wire nuts in panels (and it ain't in the NEC.....) then they must allow it unless there's a local amendment stating otherwise. And if there's a local amendment, they should be able to provide that to you.

They're INspectors, not EXpectors.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
480sparky said:
The cops just can't pull you over and 'give' you a speeding ticket, can they? No, they must provide you with the law you broke. Inspectors are the same... they are in enforcement. They enforce rules that are enacted into laws. If there's no law against wire nuts in panels (and it ain't in the NEC.....) then they must allow it unless there's a local amendment stating otherwise. And if there's a local amendment, they should be able to provide that to you. They're INspectors, not EXpectors.
Nice I like that example.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That depends on what you're joining. I doubt its kodsher (get it?) to use a wire nut on your service wire. Then again, if you have the skill set to put a wire nut that big inside a panel and get the cover on...... Walk away. You've won the game of Sparky.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.