Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,520 Posts
do you really need that to pull those #12 wires in that 2" conduit.....LOL

Pretty impressive machine-- is that a rental or does the company own it... What did it cost?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Be careful. I watched one of those get pulled off the ground while pulling into a box on the side of a pipe arbor. The head got hung up on one of the j boxes we were pulling through. It was off the ground before we knew what happened. Fortunately it was still hitched to the truck.

·
Fluke Skywalker
2,383 Posts
Are you maintenance?
We did a small job in there last year.

I was in the smoke shack by the stores building when one of the iron workers dropped a spud wrench from way up.

I hate working in places like that and witnessing the big boys guys milking every minute of the day.

And the god forsaken JHAs, JSAs, work permits, etc. are such a time killer on bid jobs.
What a waste of money.

·
Senior Moment
1,136 Posts
Are you maintenance?
We did a small job in there last year.

I was in the smoke shack by the stores building when one of the iron workers dropped a spud wrench from way up.

I hate working in places like that and witnessing the big boys guys milking every minute of the day.

And the god forsaken JHAs, JSAs, work permits, etc. are such a time killer on bid jobs.
What a waste of money.
Hey, I loved doing those because I sat in the A/C, heated office filling them out and turning them in while everyone else sat in a tent,

·
Fluke Skywalker
2,383 Posts
rlc3854 said:
Hey, I loved doing those because I sat in the A/C, heated office filling them out and turning them in while everyone else sat in a tent,
For the workers yea they are great but for pencil pushers they take twice as long as expected.
Starting pay at 7 turns in to starting at 9.
Multiply that times however many guys working and it's a killer.
Especially if you're last in line for your permit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.