Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey It's Champ. What do you fella's prefer for stripping wire. I usually use klein but have been eyeing the Ideal's 45-418.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
Just my kleins if I dont have alot to do but I use those Irwin strippers that take the outer sheath of romex off then all 3 conductors at the same time if Im doing alot of the same thing like fitting off light fixtures.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just my kleins if I dont have alot to do but I use those Irwin strippers that take the outer sheath of romex off then all 3 conductors at the same time if Im doing alot of the same thing like fitting off light fixtures.
Thanks, my one of my kleins will strip the romex insulation. But i am looking for something that can go bigger then #10.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
If Im doing anything bigger than 6mm^2 (your #10 looks like 5.26mm^2 on a conversion table) I just ring cut with my red handled klein cable cutters then push it off with my thumb just like I do with pliers.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Those are all you need if you have a Wiring 1-2-3 book. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
There is no need for anything else, I have found no pair of strippers that can strip the old cloth rubber conductors, but the 1003's do it no problem, don't knock it till you try them, take the adjustment screw and throw it away and they work great.:yes:

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
:rolleyes:
There is no need for anything else, I have found no pair of strippers that can strip the old cloth rubber conductors, but the 1003's do it no problem, don't knock it till you try them, take the adjustment screw and throw it away and they work great.:yes:
:no::rolleyes:

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
Ideal strippers are where it's at. I like the straight handle version that got discontinued. Found some old stock and bought every pair they had.
Can't stand klein strippers. They are either too loose or binding. Can never seem to get and keep them set right.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Klein t strippers is all you need. If you can't strip romex or #6 with that just hang up the tools

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
My grandpa actually used those. But there not my cup of tea. What makes me laugh are the guys who will strip wire all day with linemans.
I normally use Ideal T strippers, but when I'm lazy or just rocking my linemans and a screwdriver in my back pocket, I'll strip wires with my linemans. Just gotta get the right feel for it, is all.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts