Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put 120 volts into distilled water with a floating neutral and ground witch are connected directed to a GFCI receptical wired to a switch plugged into the wall. What i found Sir is an ambient voltage floating threw out my water that is able Harness multi voltage led lights at one ...... are you Familiar with the NEC Distilled Water isn't supposed to be a conductor much less a mini transformer

· Premium Member
20,173 Posts
https://youtu.be/NB3S25kpg2I

Tesla Inspire 3rd Generation Understanding My name is Chris.. What do you think about this?
I think you may have introduced enough contaminates into that water to make it slightly conductive. Also, you might want to try regular spring water and see what happens.
Also, that GFCI used like that is going to get you killed.
You should suspend your experiments.
I would simply megger different types of water if you are interested in things like this.

· Sparks fly from my finger
2,526 Posts
i put 120 volts into distilled water with a floating neutral and ground witch are connected directed to a GFCI receptical wired to a switch plugged into the wall. What i found Sir is an ambient voltage floating threw out my water that is able Harness multi voltage led lights at one ...... are you Familiar with the NEC Distilled Water isn't supposed to be a conductor much less a mini transformer
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. All you did is demonstrate voltage gradients. You didn't make a transformer and the NEC has nothing to do with it.

· Big nosed attic troll
10,691 Posts
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. All you did is demonstrate voltage gradients. You didn't make a transformer and the NEC has nothing to do with it.
The first 40 seconds of that video is all I could stand. You do know that distilled water isn't supposed to be non conductive right?
Got em!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.