Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309a electrician
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feedback for what is out there. I have only used the Lutron Casetta system/bridge when the situation calls for it. It has always worked well for me

What has everyone else used aside from the Lutron system and what is your feedback?

·
Electrical Contractor
5,612 Posts
Ive used Hubbell's iDevice, which works very well. Haven't tried to see if they are web controlled.
Starting to use Kasa, which the customers are happy with.

·
Registered
Professional Electrical Engineer, construction industry.
200 Posts
For simple, standalone, non-smart devices I've seen these: Levven

Very easy to program. Looks and feels like a standard decora switch. They claim it actually saves copper and overall rough-in budget but I've never seen a trade actually try it out on a full home build.

·
Super Moderator
Retired
18,206 Posts
I'm trying to buy Caseta for my basement. I need to control some LED fixtures. I want three basic switches to control the fixtures. Appearance is not important at all. But I know so little I need some advice on the order.

This at the power source:

And this for the other 2 switches.

Heres my thread I started about this.

I am concerned with product number 2. I do not need to dim the lights, I only want to be to turn them on and off. I am concerened the dimmer product may not work with my LED bypass tubes.

·
Hackenschmidt
13,583 Posts
One of the best things about Caseta is they do a good job with documentation. If you start here

Application Notes | Caséta Wireless | Lutron

There's a link there for product selection

Product Selection | Lutron

Which will take you to this link for switches

Caséta Wireless In-Wall Switches - PD-5WS-DV, PD-5ANS, PD-6ANS | Lutron

Where I think you'll find the PD-5WS-DV is the best bet for you, no neutral required, which is more expensive than the last time I shopped at $90

Lutron PD-5S-DV-WH $90.08 Wireless RF Switch, 120 to 277VAC, White | Zoro.com

The product selection page also has a link for the Pico remotes

The Pico Remote and its use in the Caseta System | Lutron

Where it looks like the best one for you is the PJ2-2B-GWH-L01 which is not a heck of a lot of money at $20

Lutron PJ2-2B-GWH-L01 $19.80 Wireless Remote Control, 2 Buttons, White | Zoro.com

So all in you're set for $110. I would stick to Zoro over Amazon any day because Amazon welcomes counterfeiters with open arms.

·
Super Moderator
Retired
18,206 Posts
I ordered the Caseta. Smart switch and 2 Pico remotes. I hope I get the real thing. I ordered it from Amazon. Oh...I read on Lutrons site Amazon is a distributor. They come up when you search "where to buy".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts