Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for the schools and recently we hooked up with Schneider. One of our damper actuators went out and all we have are the new Schneider actuators, which we haven't been trained on. They aren't too keen on sending someone out there to tell us how it works, and even after searching the Internet I have found no help.

We've got everything assembled, but the issue we're having is that the motor will only rotate one direction. When we change the rotational direction the actuator will rotate all the way in that direction and will not rotate back despite overriding the position that the dampers should be at.

Our guess is in the wiring, but we can't seem to understand the diagram. I'm not sure if we missed something in the manual, but perhaps someone here could give some insight as to how to get it to work properly with our systems?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Seems your expecting a spring return model, but it appears that the unit you have is a modulating 0-10 VDC non spring return type. Your given model seems to be missing a letter in the part number, which designates what type control system controls it is built for. Do you have a 0-10VDC control system? Have you tested the modulating control voltage input at the actuator?

Have a look at the manual to determine what model you have and if has the options your control system requires.
MF41-6153/MS41-6153 Series

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe we have an MS41, and it is 0-10VDC. We're not at the site anymore and we won't be back until Monday. This actuator has black, red, pink, and gray wires while the old one had black, red, and three white wires. There is two black and two red wires coming from the air handler. We're now wondering if this actuator won't work with this system.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,910 Posts
I believe we have an MS41, and it is 0-10VDC. We're not at the site anymore and we won't be back until Monday. This actuator has black, red, pink, and gray wires while the old one had black, red, and three white wires. There is two black and two red wires coming from the air handler. We're now wondering if this actuator won't work with this system.
What MS 41 do you have?
Did you purchase the wrong one like someone mentioned?
Is it an OSA damper? Face/Bypass?
Do you require the aux contacts?

you need to supply more information for a better answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What MS 41 do you have?
Did you purchase the wrong one like someone mentioned?
Is it an OSA damper? Face/Bypass?
Do you require the aux contacts?

you need to supply more information for a better answer.
MS41-6153
We're not sure about that yet.
My coworker says it's an inlet guide vein.
No we do not require the aux contacts.

Sorry, but I'm the new guy but the most knowledgeable on working computers so here I am, so apologies if I don't sound like I know what I'm talking about.

·
Coffee drinking member
13,910 Posts
Ok, what model actuator did you remove?

inlet vane?
As in an Outside Air Damper?
Is there a heating coil in this unit?
Does it have a freeze protection sensor?
It’s hard for us to help unless we know what type you removed and we can’t see the unit your working on.

·
Coffee drinking member
13,910 Posts
Seems your expecting a spring return model, but it appears that the unit you have is a modulating 0-10 VDC non spring return type. Your given model seems to be missing a letter in the part number, which designates what type control system controls it is built for. Do you have a 0-10VDC control system? Have you tested the modulating control voltage input at the actuator?

Have a look at the manual to determine what model you have and if has the options your control system requires.
MF41-6153/MS41-6153 Series
that’s the one he has.
it almost sounds like he had a Belimo, spring return, and aux contacts.
I wonder what automation he’s using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts