Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i have to flex behind drawers in an island to a receptacle on the side of the island. Im thinking its protected because the drawers will always be in but not sure what code says.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
The code does not specify but if you have it fastened in place behind drawers then there should be no reason to sleeve it. I do it that way all the time

Reactions: sparky402

·
Registered
13,398 Posts
If there aren't drawers in front some inspectors here require some protection. Say where a pull out shelf with pot and pans go.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Am I the only one that has a big a** knife that goes ****-eyed in the drawer resulting in me jerking the hell out of it til it opens?

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
I use the little one-hole romex straps with a little short #8 screw. Fasten about every 6 inches. I can normally get flat romex out of the way a lot easier than I could MC cable or Greenfield.

Reactions: SamoanThor

·
Registered
428 Posts
We usually just run bx for all island plugs never have to mess with sleeving it or worrying about if it will pass or fail.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Ive always sleeved it but it seems like these cabinets are giving us less and less room and are cheaper made so i dont have as many options as i used to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts